About The RoleThe Climate Solutions team oversees product development, innovation, and execution of Sustainalytics’ climate product portfolio within the commercial side of Sustainalytics’ business. The Climate Solutions team is seeking a new team member that is passionate about climate action and wants to leverage their experience in financial services and/or responsible investing to support the development, commercialization, and maintenance of a suite of strategically important research products that meet investor and corporate needs for measuring climate risks and aligning financial flows with the Paris Agreement and other high-level policy goals.The Associate or Senior Associate Product Manager will be responsible for supporting the development of new corporate-focused product features; supporting client and sales teams to achieve commercial goals, and collaborating with internal teams to build robust and efficient operational processes that improve and ensure product quality. Over time, it is expected that this role will grow to independently manage a subset of the product(s) within Sustainalytics’ broader suite of Climate Solutions.Overall, this multifaceted role requires someone who excels in a dynamic environment, is a creative problem-solver, and is a team player. The ideal candidate has some experience in product development, ESG research, managing client relations in the financial services industry, or applying ESG and impact research in investment processes. You will join a dynamic and strategically important team and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of product managers at Sustainalytics.Job Responsibilities
- Respond to inquiries from corporate clients and client-facing teams on the value and utility of the product.
- Work with commercialization and commercial teams to understand client needs in order to inform product strategy and development priorities; translate insights into actionable product enhancements.
- Support the development and maintenance of the product vision and roadmap to ensure a competitive offering that aligns with evolving market needs and corporate priorities.
- Lead the execution of the product roadmaps, collaborating with internal stakeholders and project managing the development lifecycle for new features to bring them to market.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience working on carbon/climate-focused products and solutions.
- Experience working with clients in the financial services industry or in a strategic consulting role is an asset.
- Degree or Master’s degree in a related discipline (business, economics, finance, engineering, environment, and/or physical sciences) or Bachelor’s degree with the equivalent, relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with ease and manage competing interests in order to deliver strategic projects efficiently and effectively.
- Proficiency in the Chinese/Mandarin language is considered an asset.
- Ability to excel in dynamic environments where there is a high degree of uncertainty.
- A genuine team player who is motivated to achieve objectives and overcomes challenges through close collaboration and coordination with other teams.
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision, and values.
About UsSustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years’ experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com