Website Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
The Principal, Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance (RICG) will help OTPP’s long-term strategy to achieve stable returns, working alongside RICG colleagues to systematically assess and manage environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to support OTPP continue being a leader in responsible investing, achieving its net zero aspirations and producing a positive impact through investments.
The Principal is a well-rounded professional, with a thorough understanding of how ESG may impact investment outcomes, and capable of supporting a range of ESG initiatives across industries and assets classes (public and private markets).
What you’ll do
Provide support across RICG initiatives, which could include any of the following strategic areas:
- ESG integration: development and enhancement of ESG integration frameworks in collaboration with investment teams. Deal analysis and insights to investment staff on how environmental and social considerations impact current and potential investments
- Impact: provide input into fund-level impact strategy development, as well as investments’ impact assessment, measurement and attribution analysis
- Climate: understand and support the assessment of fund- and investment-level physical and transition climate implications. Carbon footprint quantification and decarbonization strategies considered an asset
- Corporate governance: support the public company engagement program, providing environmental, sustainability and climate change technical expertise; key duties include identification, preparation, execution, and reporting of engagements
Other Responsibilities Include, And Are Not Limited To
- Building sector/theme expertise and a network to bring new ideas and expertise to OTPP teams
- Monitor emerging ESG/sustainability standards and norms to support OTPP’s and portfolio companies reporting
What you’ll need
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of related experience in an ESG, impact investing and/or investment related role;
- Minimum Bachelor; Master’s degree in engineering, environment, climate science, finance, or another relevant field preferred
- Completion of the CFA (or underway) would be an asset
- A keen interest in ESG and climate change issues and an understanding of their implications on companies, boards and investors;
- Integrating and measuring ESG in company and / or investment analysis and corporate engagement
- Experience in dealing with ESG and climate change issues in an investor relations capacity would be an alternative to the above
- Knowledge of ESG and responsible investing issues, including climate change and impact investing
- Understanding of impact investing trends and practices, including impact measurement and analysis
- Familiarity with investment-related concepts, such as capital markets and fundamental company analysis
- Ability to understand and communicate technical material to investment professionals
- Knowledge of ESG data and rating providers a plus
- Demonstrated ability to apply judgment in determining materiality in the decision-making process
- Strong written and verbal communications skills that demonstrate diplomacy and persuasion
- Ability to engage and work at various levels of the organizations
- Highly adaptable, flexible, and open to new ideas
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
What We’re Offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
- Retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers’, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations , we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
How To Apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
Accommodations are available upon request (firstname.lastname@example.org) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
Note that all individuals employed by Ontario Teachers’ in our Toronto office will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We remain committed to an accessible, inclusive and barrier free workplace; written requests for a human rights-based exemption from vaccination will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.