Insurer | Asset Manager
Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
At Allianz Global Investors our people enjoy motivating, fulfilling careers. If you are looking for a fast-paced working environment, you are resolved to cultivate and expand your talents and relish a challenge, then join us now!
We are committed to giving our people – experienced and energetic professionals alike – the opportunities and experiences they seek to thrive and gain personal fulfilment. We will work with you to craft your own career, develop your personal growth, and align your achievements with your ambitions.
We are looking for you! We are currently hiring a forward-thinking and results-oriented Portfolio Manager – Climate Change / Environmental Technology (f/m/d). This position is based in our Frankfurt office.
Within this exciting role you will join a team which is passionate about thematic equity investing, eager to grow and determined to help shape the market in the area of SDG-aligned investing. Join us on our journey at AllianzGI to take thematic investing to the next level whilst also making an impact for our clients.
- Manage and grow a pool of assets in Thematic Equity team, with access to a strong platform of global equity investors and our sustainability team
- Research and identify new global thematic trends, especially within the area of SDGs
- Analyze and invest in stocks with thematic exposure in a portfolio context
- Handle day to day fund operations within a global team
- Act as ambassador for sustainable investing concepts and incorporate ESG factors into fund structures
- Excellent university degree in Economics, Mathematics or related field of study
- At least approximately 5, ideally more than 8 years of experience as equity investor within the area of sustainability-themed investing, ideally climate-change, circular economy or a closely related area, evidenced by having a track record as a global thematic fund manager or as member of a team running thematic equity or in a comparable role
- Familiarity with fundamental equity or industry analysis and stock-picking skills
- Proficiency in English as well as the ability to work in a global environment across time-zones is required, further languages (especially German) are beneficial
- Ability to screen and process large amounts of information and to identify top-level underlying trends as well as company-specific sustainability-related risks
- Great teammate, with a strong conviction and passion for thematic or sustainability-themed equities
- Good presentation and client-relations skills allowing to grow the franchise
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Microsoft Excel
About Allianz Global Investors
Allianz Global Investors is a leading active asset manager with over 700 investment professionals in 23 offices worldwide and managing EUR 673 billion in assets. Data as of 31 December 2021
We invest for the long term and seek to generate value for clients every step of the way. We do this by being active – in how we partner with clients and anticipate their changing needs, and build solutions based on capabilities across public and private markets. Our focus on protecting and enhancing our clients’ assets leads naturally to a commitment to sustainability to drive positive change. Our goal is to elevate the investment experience for clients, whatever their location or objectives.
Putting our clients’ needs first, behaving in an open and transparent way and treating people fairly means acting with integrity. We respect difference and diversity and reward individual performance as well as teamwork. We offer a collegial culture based on strong values, taking individual responsibility, and dedication to mastering challenging tasks. To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of our employees. We encourage you to make an impact in a diverse, international, technology-enabled, and increasingly agile environment. If you feel inspired to elevate the active asset management experience, this is the place for you.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing assistance to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need support to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org