As a Senior Equities Analyst with a climate change coverage, you will work in an internationally oriented team of nine investment professionals managing a global impact mandate with a long-term investment horizon. You will mainly focus on bottom-up fundamental, in-depth analysis of publicly traded companies within the climate related sectors such as industrials, technology, construction, railways, chemicals and telecommunication infrastructure, aimed at realizing outperformance and societal impact at the same time. You will actively contribute to managing a highly concentrated portfolio of climate-related companies aimed at realizing long term, above-market returns.
In your role, you will remain in close contact with the management teams of the companies under your coverage and you will be expected to stay up to date with all relevant developments with regards to the companies in your portfolio and benchmark. You will work in the context of a disciplined investment process that begins with bottom-up fundamentals and requires due diligence of industry and company-specific trends, analysis of company financials, modeling, and valuation work. You will then use this research to make specific investment recommendations for the portfolio manager and the investment team.
Jouw afdeling binnen PGGM
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider, responsible for managing the pensions for more than 3 million Dutch people. PGGM manages the fund for PFZW and administration for different pension funds. PGGM manages more than 220 billion assets under management. This makes PGGM one of the largest institutional investors across the globe.
At PGGM we strive to achieve excellent results and to make positive impact in every possible way. First of all, by providing our top-class services and caring for profitable pensions for all participants. Secondly, we strive to make impact by investing sustainably in all means of the word sustainable.
PGGM takes pride in caring for the pensions for those who take care of us!
Long Term Equity Strategy Team
The Long-Term Equity Strategy department (LTES) manages a concentrated portfolio of listed equities that aims to achieve above-market returns in the long term, while contributing positively to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations. LTES conducts in-depth analysis on ESG, financials, risk, valuation and societal impact, with the aim of building and maintaining a high-quality portfolio of sustainable equities. LTES co-operates closely with other departments such as Responsible Investment, Risk and External Management. The department currently consists of six investment analysts, one sustainability specialist and two portfolio managers.
Your experience in equity investing goes together with a strong passion for sustainability. You are an independent thinker with an ability to communicate effectively and discuss strategic concepts. You have strong written, analytical, and financial research skills and you are able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Additionally, you have:
- Master’s’s degree, an advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or CFA certification is a plus;
- At least 5 years of experience in institutional equity investing;
- Knowledge of at least some of the climate related sectors;
- Preferably experience with impact investing and ESG integration in equity investing;
- Working knowledge of FactSet and/or Bloomberg.
- Fluent command of the English language and preferably a good command of Dutch;
As a person you are characterized by the following:
- Flexible and team-oriented, with the ability to pivot from one task to another.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial, with a demonstrated passion for investing and sustainability.
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to engage in thoughtful debates over the merits of an investment.
Wat wij bieden
PGGM Investments continues to build teams of talented and experienced professionals to act on its vital responsibility to manage the investments on behalf of pension funds and strive to achieve it with excellence, integrity and performance. In your role you ultimately contribute to the pension schemes of 3 million Dutch beneficiaries. PGGM Investments is a modern and cooperative organization with an “open and honest” corporate culture, having a flexible, agile and flat organizational structure. PGGM Investments understands that a healthy work-life balance, employee wellbeing and emphasis on personal development are key distinctive features in attracting the next generation of high-caliber investment professionals.
PGGM Investments offers competitive primary and secondary benefits packages, combined with robust terms of employment.
You can count on:
- A competitive compensation package in scale 12 (6.500-11.100, based on 36h) and performance related incentives
- 8% holiday allowance and 7.5% year-end allowance;
- The opportunity to work 32, 36 or 40 hours per week;
- 26 vacation days, based on a 36-hour working week;
- A generous personal development budget for internal and external training courses;
- A good pension scheme as participant of PFZW pension fund (71% paid by PGGM, 29% paid by the employee);
- Company mobile phone, laptop and all associated facilities to be able to work flexibly and at any location.
For more information, contact Tijmen Muller (Recruiter) on firstname.lastname@example.org
To comply with GDPR regulations, we do not handle applications via e-mail and kindly ask you to apply through our website.
We know that there are many parties who wish to search with us or who are keen to offer their services for this vacancy, but at PGGM we recruit new colleagues ourselves. We therefore do not appreciate and will not consider unsolicited approaches for recruitment & selection or CVs.