Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
These capital advisory services are provided by a team of 20 corporate finance and impact investing professionals, based broadly in London and New York, tackling global and local problems that require creative, hands-on and people-focused approaches to mobilising capital and unlocking positive impact. There is increasing urgency to direct financial and human capital towards social inclusion and justice and environmental regeneration, and we are looking for resourceful, purpose-driven people to join our flat and rapidly growing team. We believe in equal opportunities and value diversity in our team.
Together with the Nature-Based Solutions team we offer specialist nature investment advisory services to buy-side and sell-side clients. In addition, we are building out our coverage of the broader nature sector, to include conservation, the blue economy and sustainable agriculture. We are looking for a corporate finance professional with extensive transaction experience who can support the development of our business, leading transactions, and consulting assignments on a day-to-day basis.
The position is based in Palladium’s London office.
You And Your Career
Our clients are mission-driven companies from across the world, with the majority of our clients based in or focused on emerging markets, and in a wide array of sectors of the impact economy.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
- The role will report into the Director and will work closely together with the Director in originating and executing transactions and consulting assignments
- The role will interface with the wider capital advisory team, as well as with the company’s key support functions, such as Finance, HR and IT
Primary Roles And Responsibilities
Client mandate execution
- Mandate execution in all phases, from design and structuring, marketing, negotiation to closing transactions.
- Setting and managing the project / transaction timetable
- Client relationship management and being the day-to-day point of contact with clients
- Managing the project team and ensuring quality on all client deliverables
- Managing transaction cost in relation to a budget and monitoring invoicing and collections in respect of fees and expenses
- Liaising with and advising clients on transaction strategy including tactics, deal structuring, negotiation strategy and providing insight on specific strategic issues
- Managing the engagement team and external parties such as legal counsel
Business development and practice building
- Sourcing prospective client relationships and cultivating investor networks, both directly and through relationships within the Palladium Group
- Participating in, and leading, on-going internal coordination and planning meetings
- Building marketing materials, creating proposals/ pitch documents
- Developing thought leadership on impact investing themes, product innovation and transaction design
- Improving internal materials, processes and tools that support growth of the practice
- Contributing to the knowledge and relationship base of the team
- Taking responsibility for one or more internal team functions (e.g. training, people development, compliance, finances)
Key Competencies Required
- Sees impact investing as a means to shift the paradigm and transform the world of finance to work better for the world
- Always looks for root causes of problems and is able to see them in their broader context
- Can come up with creative solutions to complex issues and see them through their implementation
- Is willing to learn and is someone who we can learn from
- Has a strong work ethic
- Is able to balance multiple demands with keen attention to detail
- Displays strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Is able to deliver consistently high levels of accuracy, efficiency and follow-through
- Has the ability to exercise independent judgment and proactively ask questions as needed
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred
- Prior experience in transactions involving natural assets
- Understanding of a sell-side advisory environment, including a detailed understanding of transaction processes, ideally gained in transactions involving natural assets
- Has the desire to succeed in a transaction environment and in impact investment
- Prior experience in an investment banking environment
- Involvement in compliance processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Sound understanding of financial modelling
- Ability to structure and organize datasets in Excel
- Proficient in using PowerPoint and Word
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.