Website P Capital Partners
PCP has a long history of being a socially conscious investor and was an early mover in integrating ESG-related risks and opportunities in the analysis and structuring of funding solutions. In the last decade, PCP have also been increasingly active in funding and incentivizing the sustainability transition.
PCP has the ambition to be an agent of positive change and is now looking for a forward thinking, business-oriented, and driven Head of ESG to their office in Stockholm. This is a unique opportunity to lead and develop the sustainability work as an integrated part of the investments.
In the position as Head of ESG, you will have a broad scope of responsibilities ranging from strategy and goal setting to ongoing follow-up and reporting. For a committed and initiative-taking person, there is strong opportunity to drive change that creates real value. As Head of ESG, you will work in close collaboration with the entire investment team.
You will be responsible for driving and developing the sustainability agenda both strategically and operationally, which includes, among other things:
- Leading the design, implementation and management of a market-leading approach to ESG integration within PCP’s credit investing platform – specifically ESG evaluation frameworks to be applied across PCP’s investments.
- Partnering with the investment team to ensure consistent, robust and effective integration of ESG and sustainability diligence throughout the investment process across PCP’s strategies.
- Providing input on material ESG risks/engagement questions for individual analyses.
- Collaborate on deal structures focused on ESG/sustainability aspects, including possible information rights, KPI tracking, and sustainability/ESG linked financings.
- Responsibility for sustainability and ESG related reporting including ensuring fund compliance with current and future EU regulations, particularly regarding SFDR article 8 & 9.
- Representing the firm’s ESG/impact investing capabilities, evidencing the ESG integration process to investors, borrowers, consultants and other external and internal stakeholders.
- Collecting and reporting on ESG, sustainability and impact, and engaging with investors on related topics.
- Contributing to ESG and sustainability related leadership internally and externally, including creating content and speaking at industry events.
- Actively networking in the sustainability and ESG fields, engaging with external partners where required, and staying abreast of the latest developments.
As Head of ESG, you will be directly involved in the investment team’s evaluations of investments as well as in supporting and following up on the sustainability work of the investments. Your work also includes continuous monitoring of trends and regulatory changes, analysing the impact on PCP and the investments.
Background and experience:
- At least 5 years of work experience in a relevant industrial field, consultancy/advisory, banking or investing; extra credit for credit investing experience and understanding of the credit asset class.
- Experience of leading the development and implementation of a system of sustainability/ESG evaluation of business models.
- Experience of impact and/or ESG strategy development and implementation, preferably from sustainable investing in alternative asset classes (private equity, private debt, real estate or infrastructure).
- Fluency in sustainability and ESG issues with applied knowledge of best practices, data providers, evaluation frameworks etc.
- Fluency in English – additional language skills would be helpful but are not a necessity.
We are looking for a business-minded, structured, and driven person with a genuine interest in sustainability issues and the financial markets. The role requires strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to translate complicated issues into practical application. In addition, we are seeking someone who is used to running projects and finds it easy to collaborate with others.
In this recruitment process PCP is collaborating with Novare Executive Search. For more information about the position or the process, please contact Cecilia Wilander, email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept applications via e-mail.