Website Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
The Principal, Sustainable Investing will help OTPP’s long-term strategy to achieve stable returns, working alongside colleagues to systematically assess and manage environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to support OTPP continue being a leader in responsible investing and producing a positive impact through investments.
The Principal is a well-rounded professional with strong project management skills, a thorough understanding of how ESG may impact investment outcomes, and capable of supporting a range of ESG initiatives across industries and assets classes.
What you’ll do
Provide support across initiatives, which could include any of the following strategic areas:
- ESG integration: Deal analysis and insights to investment staff on how environmental and social considerations impact current and potential investments. Support in the development and enhancement of ESG integration frameworks in collaboration with investment teams. The Principal is expected to have thorough understanding of what constitutes material ESG issues and how they may impact investment outcomes (positively or negatively)
- Impact: provide input into fund-level impact strategy development, green bond program, and investments’ impact assessment, measurement and attribution analysis
- Climate: understand and support the assessment of fund- and investment-level physical and transition climate implications. The Principal is expected to have minimal knowledge of climate change considerations but not necessarily be an expert
Other Responsibilities Include, And Are Not Limited To
- Support on strengthening and simplifying existing processes, with a focus on efficiency and bringing order to complex processes.
- Project management: experience working with tight timelines, multiple deliverables and holding teams accountable through effective communication
- Building sector/theme expertise and a network to bring new ideas and expertise to OTPP teams
- Monitor emerging ESG/sustainability standards and norms to support OTPP’s and portfolio companies reporting
What you’ll need
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of related experience in an ESG, impact investing and/or investment related role;
- Minimum Bachelor; Master’s degree in engineering, environment, climate science, finance, or another relevant field preferred
- Project Management certification(s) and completion of the CFA (or underway) would be an asset
- Integrating and measuring ESG in company and / or investment analysis and corporate engagement
- Experience in dealing with ESG and climate change issues in an investor relations capacity would be an alternative to the above
- Ability to understand and communicate technical material to investment professionals
- Demonstrated ability to apply judgment in determining materiality in the decision-making process
- Strong written and verbal communications skills that demonstrate diplomacy and persuasion
- Ability to engage and work at various levels of the organizations
- Process-oriented, capable of organizing complex flows of information
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
What We’re Offering
- Competitive compensation
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- Our Flexible Travel Program gives you the option to work abroad in another region/country for up to a month each year
- Employee discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers’, diversity is one of our core strengths. We take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create, reflect and embrace diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), we celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through events for colleagues to connect for professional development, networking & mentoring. We are building an inclusive and equitable workplace where our talent is respected, accepted and empowered to be themselves. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, check out Life at Teachers’.
How To Apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today! You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application.
Accommodations are available upon request (email@example.com) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.