Website Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
The Deadline To Apply For This Role Is
February 3, 2023
September 2023-December 2023
The Sustainable Investing Team leads the development of Ontario Teachers’ Sustainable Investing strategy and supports the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in the Plan’s investment processes. This includes partnering with investment teams to identify ESG risks and opportunities throughout the investment lifecycle in private and public equity investments and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis on ESG topics!
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of an eleven-person team and have the opportunity to work with colleagues across other investment departments. You will report to the Principal, Sustainable Investing and will work out of the Toronto office. Ontario Teachers’ is at the leading edge of the integration of ESG and climate change considerations into investment decision making!
What You’ll Do
As an Intern in Sustainable Investing, you will get exposure to all facets of ESG considerations in investment. Day to day you will be asked to tackle a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Examples include:
- Benchmark and identify best practices in sustainability in both public and private companies
- Support ESG due diligence for private equity deals
- Provide research and analytics to support the corporate engagement strategy
- Support assessment of company level and portfolio level climate change related programs such as emissions reporting and actions plans
- Conduct research on various ESG topics including, but not limited to, climate change and energy transition, plastics, water use/risk, human capital management and sustainable development goals
- Support ongoing risk monitoring activities for our public and private equity portfolios
What You’ll Need
We’re looking for candidates with:
- A passion for ESG issues;
- An understanding of how ESG factors impact investment value;
- An understanding of the investment industry, basic economics and/or finance;
- Attention to detail and experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point, experience with MS PowerBI and data visualization considered an asset; and
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be enrolled in 3rd / 4th year or related Master’s program.
- You must be enrolled in a co-op program or returning back to your studies after the work term is completed.
What We’re Offering
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development, including lunch and learns
- Student led team building events on a monthly basis
- Employee discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers’, diversity is one of our core strengths. We take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create, reflect and embrace diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), we celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through events for colleagues to connect for professional development, networking & mentoring. We are building an inclusive and equitable workplace where our talent is respected, accepted and empowered to be themselves. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, check out Life at Teachers’.
How To Apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today! The following documents are required to be uploaded with your application:
- Copy of your transcripts
You will also be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Accommodations are available upon request (email@example.com) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.