You are a strategic thinker passionate about driving solutions in Data Quality. You have found the right team
OpenInvest, a J.P. Morgan Chase company, is a values-based financial services leader with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Founded in 2015 by FinTech and ESG veterans, OpenInvest’s platform unlocks a personalized and engaging end-to-end client experience, including dynamic custom indexing, impact reporting, proxy voting, and more. OpenInvest was acquired by JPMC in June of 2021. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
We are looking for a Data Quality Specialist to help us optimize and scale and optimize our bespoke OpenInvest Research data attributes used in a variety of ESG and Sustainable Investing solutions. We are a leading provider of ESG/Sustainable Investing data-driven investment solutions, and we are looking for a committed team member to help enhance the controls, data quality rules and defect remediation processes, with a particular lens toward leveraging technology platforms to automate and streamline the overall data quality framework. Using your knowledge of ESG data sets, data quality and stakeholder relationship skills, you will curate OpenInvest’s data quality capabilities, routinely test OpenInvest Research data for suitability in applicable use cases, provide input to data quality platforms and communicate data quality issues to a cross-functional audience of research, engineering, marketing, sales enablement, product, and data management stakeholders.
- Support efforts to test and maintain OpenInvest Research data quality efforts, including quality assurance for incoming data sources and quality control for post-ingestion review and maintenance.
- Manage the end to end process of Data Quality for OpenInvest solutions, including but not limited to: defining data quality rules for myriad types and complex attributes in line with JP Morgan data quality standards, managing the technical components of loading data quality rules to firm wide data quality standards, ensuring technical requirements for data rules upload are completed, daily monitoring of the OI data quality dashboard, and data defect error detection, escalation and remediation.
- Partner with OI Research and Engineering teams to strategize new and efficient ways to manage data assurance and quality for alternative data sets (i.e., non-governmental organization, academic, governmental, and other data sets).
- Test new data quality tool features and provide a continuous feedback loop on for new tool performance and issues requiring improvement.
- Serve as the single point of contact for OpenInvest Research data quality across both OpenInvest and JP Morgan stakeholders. While Conducting regular touchpoints with OpenInvest Research, Development and Engineering teams to understand technical and operational pain points for OpenInvest Research data quality, provide updates on OpenInvest, JPM and industry data quality trends and identify new areas for data quality improvement and partnership.
- Track and communicate OI data quality updates to OpenInvest and J.P. Morgan stakeholders for improvements to drive efficiency and speed in implementation of new OpenInvest Research solutions.
- Represent OpenInvest Research data quality at relevant OpenInvest and J.P. Morgan forums where data quality risks, issues, prioritization, and resourcing are discussed and Serve as a subject matter expert on testing methodologies, frameworks, tools while tracking market best practices and opportunities for continued enhancements of data quality, practices and new tooling enhancements.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- 5 – 8 years of experience in data quality, including assurance and controls, preferably with a background in ESG/Sustainable Investing data sets.
- Knowledge of industry standard data quality parameters, including distribution, normalization, and bias testing
- Experience presenting data quality analysis and testing results to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience with common data quality toolsets (i.e., Collibra)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Passion for ESG/Sustainable Investing issues and interest in a values-led approach to sustainable investing
- Willingness to be proactive and vocal about data quality needs with a solutions-oriented mindset to solving complex methodology, technical and operational challenges.
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- 2+ years of experience in ESG, Sustainability, SRI or Impact Investing Experience evaluating new data sets for suitability, especially in an ESG/Sustainability context
- Research specialization/background in an area applicable to Sustainable Investing
- Experience in ESG-focused education or communication efforts
- Experience with Python
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company’s redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.