Working under the direction of the Vice President, Sustainable Investing, the Senior Analyst, Sustainable Investing will play a key role supporting the implementation of OMERS’ Sustainable Investing Framework. In this role you will contribute to the delivery of the SI program including our approach to climate change. You will bring a passion for sustainable investing, exceptional analytical skills and the ability to learn in a face-paced environment.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for
- Supporting the implementation of the Sustainable Investing (SI) program at OMERS including ESG integration, engagement and collaboration
- Conduct research and provide ESG focused insights to support investment analysis, stewardship activities, and portfolio analytics
- Contribute to the implementation of our climate change work including supporting OMERS commitment to a portfolio Net Zero by 2050 goal
- Monitor global SI industry developments, regulatory developments, ESG risks and related financial and pension industry trends
- Help build agendas and work plans for the Sustainable Investing Committee meetings and related working groups
- Participate in collaborative industry initiatives and associations
- Prepare industry briefings, summaries, reports, presentations and recommendations on various topics related to Sustainable Investing for senior leaders
- Assist internal and external SI-related reporting for the OMERS website and annual report as well as board-level reporting and SI communications, both internal and external
To succeed in this role, you have
- Completion of a university degree(s) in Business, Finance, Engineering or other relevant areas
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Commitment to sustainable investing and ESG subject matter expertise is an asset
- Self-starter who works both independently and with a team, while fostering a collegial team culture
- Proven ability to effectively work on and successfully deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, Power BI an asset
- Ability to conduct research, draw insights and convey ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent writing and presentation preparation skills and the ability to communicate with a diversity of stakeholders
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external partners
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $121 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2021. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.
At OMERS and Oxford the office or worksite is our primary place of work. We are committed to providing work environments which promote the health, safety and well-being of all employees in accordance with public health regulation and guidance. Accordingly, employees are required to provide evidence of full vaccination or have an approved exemption.