About the job
The Sustainable Impact Analyst works with the Sustainable Impact Manager to ensure that Oikocredit’s framework for impact measurement, monitoring and sustainability reporting continue to evidence the vision, mission, values and aspirations of Oikocredit and positions Oikocredit as a leading practitioner and thought leader in the impact investing sector.
Oikocredit’s Theory of Change (ToC)
- Work with the Sustainable Impact Manager to review and adjust Oikocredit’s ToC as may be appropriate.
- Promote and disseminate Oikocredit’s ToC as the organisation’s pathway to achieving impact at all levels of the organisation.
Environmental, Social & Governance scorecard design and maintenance
In alignment with department colleagues, when necessary:
- Lead the review and update current tools in collaboration with the business, such as the ESG scorecard and guidance notes, and develop new tools when appropriate.
- Review and update the ESG policy and related documents to ensure its continued fit with the organisational strategy.
- Advise other departments on ESG-related matters when necessary and appropriate in line with Oikocredit’s social and environmental mission.
Social performance measurement
Together with peers in the department, develop frameworks of social performance measurement:
- Monitor and track social performance information of Oikocredit’s peers for benchmarking purposes.
- Establish and coordinate partnerships on impact measurement with peers and other organisations, including universities and research institutes.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and on occasion attend industry conferences and networking events on impact and social investing.
Data analysis and reporting
In alignment with department team colleagues:
- Organise available data for CSRD reporting: take the lead in preparing the data for the impact and sustainability section in Oikocredit’s annual report.
- Analyse annual SPI data for the narrative of Oikocredit’s impact in line with ToC.
- Highlight significant changes, establish relevant benchmarks useful in reporting outcomes, impacts of Oikocredit on partners and of partners on end clients.
- Support the development of IT system applications to analyse data and generate outcomes.
- When necessary, supervise research interns and assist external consultants conducting research for Oikocredit.
- Provide support in the analysis of data as may be requested.
- Advanced academic qualifications in Development Economics, Econometrics, Social Studies, Sustainability or related disciplines with experience in statistical analysis.
- Successfully completed university or higher education courses in research methodologies, including surveying methodologies.
- Experience with digitalisation of surveys and related surveying software
- Can apply statistical software, STATA/R.
- Comfortable working with large data sets in Excel and PowerBI.
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience in a business or academic setting focused on impact investing and/or sustainability topics.
- Knowledge of or experience in the focus sectors Oikocredit works in (inclusive finance, agriculture, renewable energy).
- Experience with the design and implementation of research programs, including experience collecting, analysing and presenting data.
- Experience in conducting field research in developing countries and/or in social enterprises and microfinance is an advantage.
- Strong interest in economic development, social performance assessment, microfinance client level assessments.
- Ability to write and speak English at a professional and publishable level, with either Spanish and/or French strongly preferred.
Integrity, Accuracy, Problem analysis, Innovative, Initiative, Result orientation, Cooperation, Verbal communication and presentation, Written communication.
Willingness to travel within country/internationally up to 5% of the time
Affinity with development issues and/or socially relevant organisations
- You will be working in an inclusive, international and diverse environment.
- You will benefit from a flexible work environment with a good work-life balance where you can work from home 50% of the time.
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- A great pension scheme.
- An NS Business Card for travelling with public transport.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English, including your CV and a letter of motivation.
Oikocredit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that embraces individuals from various backgrounds.