Nuveen Responsible Investing
Our legacy of Responsible Investing (RI) spans more than 50 years, culminating in an organization system uniquely designed to deliver superior investment impact and enhanced client outcomes. Our 30+ dedicated RI subject matter experts are specialized by asset class and/or role in enacting Nuveen’s three key principles; ESG integration, stewardship, impact; and in delivering RI to our clients. All RI team members work to set strategic priorities, ensure best practices, and establish firm-wide standards relative to their areas of expertise. Members of the RI team with asset class specialization work closely with investment analysts, portfolio managers, risk management professionals and others across the organization to drive scale and quality of ESG integration and RI-focused product development.
As a Sr. Director on the Responsible Investing Team, you will play a critical role in shaping, executing and representing Nuveen’s Global RI Strategy . Reporting to the head of Stewardship, this position will partner across the organization to enhance the scope and visibility of Nuveen’s Stewardship Program.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned but are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Partner with Head of Stewardship to develop and execute Nuveen’s stewardship strategy.
- Lead development and production of stewardship thought leadership and other client facing collateral.
- Ensure compliance with and prepare responses to regional stewardship codes.
- Develop proprietary analytics and measurement metrics for Nuveen’s stewardship activities to evidence leadership in active ownership and demonstrate ESG conviction.
- Assist in the develop and execution of outcome-focused thematic engagement initiatives.
- Draft executive-level documents for TIAA/Nuveen Boards and Nuveen’s C-suite on the firm’s stewardship activities and provide insights on market developments and stewardship best practices
- Represent the firm as required at client meetings, relevant industry events and in key ESG trade associations.
- Oversee complex, group- or company-wide projects to ensure that project objectives are met, including the advancement of engagements impact on relevant stewardship issues.
- Support the successful implementation of the firm’s overall Responsible Investing strategy.
- A successful candidate may possess a wide range of experiences and backgrounds. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to build relationships with multiple partner teams
- Fluent in ESG industry trends and emerging topics
- Ability to tackle problems with creativity and find solutions that satisfy multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of personally executing complex projects in a large organization
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university required; masters or CFA preferred
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience in the field of responsible investing or investment management
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Benefits And Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Applicant And Desire a Reasonable Accommodation To Complete a Job Application Please Use One Of The Below Options To Contact Our Accessibility Support Team
If you are a U.S.
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here.
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here.
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.