Glennmont Partners manages funds which invest in renewable power generation projects and assets.The funds are invested in a mix of capital appreciation and cash flow generative assets. Investments include assets in operation, construction and in development across four main sectors: wind, solar, hydro and biomass.
The senior management team comprises four Partners with more than 25 years of international experience in clean energy M&A and Asset management across EU27 and the UK.
This is a high profile, high impact role in a very successful renewable energy investment firm.
The successful candidate’s task will be to build a dedicated ESG and sustainability function that based on expertise and experience shall set and drive the sustainability strategy, processes, and procedures at asset-, fund- and firm-level.
- Reporting and monitoring
- Drafting internal and external ESG reports
- Analysing the ESG performance of assets and identifying areas of development
- Monitoring and refining sustainability data reporting across clean energy assets
- Monitoring EU Taxonomy and SFDR incorporation and compliance at fund- and entity-level
- Developing ESG monitoring and reporting systems
- Monitoring and reporting on regulatory and industry developments at firm- and asset- level
- Coordinating, and responding to, third-party organisation sustainability assessments (such as the UN PRI, GRESB)
- Supporting fundraising
- Assisting with business and fundraising communications concerning ESG
- Responding to investor ESG queries
- Developing the ESG function at Glennmont
- Liaising and coordinating activities with the Nuveen Responsible Investment team
- Managing Glennmont’s ESG policy and governance
- Shaping Glennmont’s ESG strategy at firm- and asset-level
- Integrating ESG into investment, asset management, and divestment processes across debt and equity
- Participating in Glennmont’s Sustainability Committee
- Developing and delivering ESG training for the team
- Supporting the development of ESG considerations at assets
- Overseeing ESG strategy implementation across independent power providers or external teams, owned by Glennmont’s Funds, and satellite teams in USA and APAC
- Assessing the ESG maturity and sustainability risks and opportunities of potential investments during the due diligence process, and assets post acquisition
- Ad-hoc travel to assets
- Coordinating sustainability industry engagement
- Partnering with third-parties, such as universities and charities, to deliver ESG initiatives
- Working with external consultants and involvement in external industry networks (such as the IIGCC and the Corporate Leaders Group)
- To demonstrate detailed understanding of three key sectors: ESG and sustainability; clean energy; and private equity or infrastructure investing, and a deep understanding of the links between these areas
- A track record of working on sustainability processes and projects in relation to clean energy projects and keeping abreast of regulation.
- A track record of relationship building across different seniorities and teams within an organisation
- Experience in dealing with institutional clients, such as pension funds or insurance companies
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sustainability and ESG projects.
- Prior experience in areas inter alia: clean energy and/or other environmental industries, sustainability, ESG, infrastructure, private equity, finance, policy.
- Years of experience: Minimum 4 years, with additional years of experience being advantageous
- Interest in the clean energy sub-space is a prerequisite
- Ethical mindset
- Solid track record in terms of the management of projects and processes
- Clear performance orientation and demonstrable ability to set and meet objectives
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills with a skill set that assists in discussions with stakeholders at all levels, across teams, and in third parties
- Sound and solid sustainability toolkit (e.g. understanding avoided emissions computation methodologies, and other forms of ESG accounting)
- A strategic approach, sound business judgment and a strong entrepreneurial mind-set
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite
- Fluency in additional European languages is an advantage
- This role is based in central London, with travel anticipated