Market Risk Sr Associate
The Market Risk Senior Associate supports senior management in the development, implementation and communication of complex market and derivatives risk management policies and processes. Under limited supervision, this job monitors market risk, implements risk management systems and processes, and consults with business unit leadership to ensure proper market risk tolerance limitations are established and upheld within the organization.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Implements complex and significant market and derivatives risk management projects.
- Monitors and analyzes market risks and derivatives exposures on a short and long term basis.
- Develops complex market risk quantitative analysis.
- Designs derivatives risk metrics and tools to help manage, measure and monitor market and derivatives risks.
- Monitors the establishment of market and derivatives risk tolerance limits in consultation with business unit leadership.
- Communicates results and analysis of market and derivatives risks to management and key internal stakeholders.
- Researches and evaluates market risk best practices for related business activities.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Support the design and execution of TIAA and Nuveen’s plans to build and integrate a climate risk management framework across all asset classes and across multiple work-streams, including risk assessment, modeling, and reporting.
- Assist in the coordination of the risk oversight of all climate-related activities throughout TIAA and Nuveen, including the General Account, Nuveen Responsible Investing and Investment Teams.
- Support the oversight of the TIAA General Account’s execution on Net Carbon Zero by partnering with other risk and investment teams to perform research and develop analytics.
- Support the TIAA General Account, Nuveen Investment Teams and various Risk Committees to integrate climate risk management assessments into their processes.
- 3+ years of Risk/Investment management experience
- 5+ years of Risk/Investment management experience
- Working Climate Risk experience
- ESG Experience
- Ability to balance multiple and diverse priorities with time-sensitive deadlines while delivering a quality product.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a personable approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Base Pay Range: $95,400/yr. – $159,100/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits And Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Applicant And Desire a Reasonable Accommodation To Complete a Job Application Please Use One Of The Below Options To Contact Our Accessibility Support Team
If you are a U.S.
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here.
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here.
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.