Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our portfolio companies and clients to create outcome-focused solutions that drive long-term value creation in our investments. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com.
We Are Seeking An Engagement Analyst To Join Our Team And Focus On The Following Areas Of Engagement
Nuveen’s Responsible Investing/ESG Engagement team implements one of three of RI’s foundational pillars and is a critical part of Nuveen’s overall investment process.
Investment research related to proxy votes for TIAA and TIAA affiliate equity holdings (50%):
- Perform company and industry research for the purpose of applying Nuveen RI proxy voting policy to votes at portfolio companies.
- Complete in-depth research and analysis on material ESG issues in connection with high profile and/or complex proxy proposals.
- Liaise and communicate with investment analysts and Portfolio Managers on proxy voting decisions.
- Create proxy voting statistics and analytics for internal and external reporting by transforming raw proxy and engagement data into trend analyses and thought leadership.
Portfolio company engagements- strategic and thematic engagements (30%):
- Prepare investment teams for engagement through research summaries, agenda setting, formulation of engagement questions, and tracking company progress on active engagement issues.
- Conduct meetings with company Executives and Directors to get context on ESG practices and advocate adoption of ESG best practice standards.
Rating company ESG disclosure quality and ESG performance (10%):
- Identify emerging topics and best practices in corporate governance and ESG reporting.
- Test ESG issues to identify company/industry materiality.
- Audit company disclosure for changes in reporting and/or ESG performance.
Ad-hoc due diligence on priority companies and/or ESG issues to support investment process (10%):
- Work with investment teams to refine ESG theses and ratings on portfolio companies.
- Support integration and investment teams in connecting ESG metrics to financial outcomes.
- Develop case studies and other content for internal and external reporting.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- No Experience Required
- Prior work experience, preferably in finance or field that demonstrates subject matter expertise in environmental and/or social issues.
- Bachelors Degree preferred; Masters degree in financial or sustainability field preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity and a demonstrated interest in both responsible investing and financial services
- Self starter with strong analytical, organizational, writing, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment, as well as independently with ability to make judgements and take actions within the investment process.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a personable approach capable of building relationships portfolio company Executives and Directors as well as internal Analysts and Portfolio Managers.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; preferred skills in building models and reports within Excel or other programming systems, such as Tableau.
- Ability to balance multiple and diverse priorities with time-sensitive deadlines while delivering a quality product.
Base Pay Range: $63,800/yr. – $106,300/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Benefits And Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Applicant And Desire a Reasonable Accommodation To Complete a Job Application Please Use One Of The Below Options To Contact Our Accessibility Support Team
If you are a U.S.
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here.
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here.
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here.
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here.