Website Northern Trust Asset Management
The Director of Business Enablement for Sustainable Investing & Stewardship is a new leadership role within Northern Trust Asset Management and will have primary accountability for the operational and administrative functions that drive the expansion of our sustainable investing platform. The role reports to the Head of Investment Platform Services and works in concert with a team of sustainable investing client specialists, researchers and stewardship professionals. The Director carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and must display a balanced, cross-functional perspective to drive efficiency, effectiveness and productivity. The ideal candidate is expected to have expertise in planning, project and workflow management, and stakeholder communications. In addition, candidates will have general knowledge of environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Participates in developing and prioritizing team goals that drive business strategy; provides tactical support to ensure objectives are met.
- Oversees formal governance structures including policies, procedures, formal councils and committees; manages external/industry assessment processes(e.g., UN Principles for Responsible Investment, Share Action).
- Manages impact of regulatory change on business practices. Works in concert with Risk, Legal, Compliance and Product teams to stay abreast of regulatory change and lead cross functional efforts to align the business with the evolving regulatory landscape.
- Manages operational interfaces with related functions; negotiates service level agreements; fosters relationships with third-party engagement and proxy service providers.
- Champions employee engagement. Working with the Global Heads of Sustainable Investing & Stewardship, implements actions to maintain a high level of employee engagement. Sets agenda, coordinates follow-ups, and organizes team and leadership offsites and staff learning/development opportunities.
Necessary Skills And Attributes
- Project management acumen and capacity to lead cross-functional teams and influence beyond reporting lines.
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment.
- Strong collaborator, able to develop networks and reciprocal relationships.
- Skilled oral and written communicator; including experience in effectively communicating with a global base of employees, colleagues, and executives.
Necessary Experience And Education
- Seasoned investment professional with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience
- Prior experience in a chief of staff role is a plus
- General understanding of environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing, proxy voting and corporate engagement
- MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
WORKING MODEL: HYBRID
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
WORKING WITH US
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.