Website Northern Trust
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
About Northern Trust Asset Management
Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) is a global Investment Manager with $1.1 Trillion Assets Under Management, is a top 20 global asset manager, top 10 largest factor investor globally and the 12th largest ETF provider.
We believe investing ultimately serves a greater purpose and should be done intentionally and efficiently …
… by people who are passionate, astute and tenacious problem solvers
… with the understanding that all investing involves risk and
… is best accomplished by using an empirically based process.
At Northern Trust Asset Management, we understand that investing ultimately serves a greater purpose. That is why our philosophy is rooted in the fundamental belief that investors should get compensated for the risks they take – in all market environments and in any investment strategy.
At the heart of our philosophy is how we think about, view and analyze risk. As risk-aware investors, we take risk intentionally, to achieve investors’ desired outcomes and minimize unintended consequences.
In EMEA, Northern Trust Asset Management serves professional investors offers a wide range of investment management capabilities, across active and passive, equities, fixed income and cash management. This includes quant active, sustainable investing, multi-asset, liquidity focused solutions as well as more traditional index management. Capabilities are available through both pooled funds and segregated accounts, with a focus on designing investment strategies to meet the specific needs of investors. NTAM manages the largest European ESG fund and 5/10 largest ESG index funds globally*.
Northern Trust Asset Management’s sustainable investing client engagement team (EMEA) is responsible for our sustainable platform in EMEA. The focus of the team is delivering sustainable investing solutions, thought leadership and insights to our clients while operating within the Northern Trust sustainable investing philosophy. The Sustainable Investing Specialist role will help support the development of strategic initiatives and client/prospect support to drive the business and to enhance NTAM’s position as a leader in ESG. This role will support the EMEA market, our institutional client work, prospects work and internal stakeholders. It will report to the Director of Sustainable Investment Client Engagement.
The Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
Sustainable Investment Specialist will assist in meeting the increasing demand for ESG investing insights and subject matter expertise supporting Northern Trust’s brands, investment offerings and sales/client support efforts related to Sustainable Investing.
Support Our Sustainable Investing Product Journey
- RFPs/RFIs and DDQs
- Client requests
- Client pitches and presentations
- Other capabilities inquiries
Support Our Regulatory Efforts
- Act as an SI pioneer within our internal working groups on regulation and external groups to increase ESG awareness and advocacy
- Represent SI’s views in internal interaction and implementation of regulatory frameworks
- Maintain and communicate our SI capabilities collateral making sure of accuracy and timely delivery.
- Liaise with investment teams to remain abreast of existing products and help develop new products.
- Manage projects, analyze data and monitor trends to inform decisions and strategic direction.
- Work as a team member in the broader Sustainable Investing Team, local, regional and global and facilitate consistency in messaging and knowledge sharing on ESG topics across teams.
The Successful Candidate Will Benefit From Having
- Requires general knowledge on ESG trends and tools, experience with ESG databases, tools and frameworks desired but not required
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, including ability to communicate complex subject matter in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to interpret and process data
- Ability to develop a network both internally and externally and work effectively in a team environment across all levels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (CFA, CAIA) desirable but not required
- In depth financial services experience that includes significant exposure to SI/ESG investments, or related CSR experience
- Prior background in product management, market research and/or analysis
- Experience coordinating and leading cross functional projects
Working With Us
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.