Website Northern Trust
Northern Trust Asset Management’s sustainable investing client engagement team is responsible for delivering sustainable investing solutions, thought leadership and insights to our clients while operating within the Northern Trust sustainable investing philosophy. The Sustainable Investing Specialist role will help support the development of strategic initiatives and client/prospect support to drive the business and to enhance NTAM’s position as a leader in ESG. This role will support North American institutional, intermediary and wealth clients and internal stakeholders.
Sustainable Investment Specialist will assist in meeting the increasing demand for ESG investing insights and subject matter expertise supporting Northern Trust’s brands, investment offerings and sales/client support efforts related to Sustainable investing within all asset classes and distribution channels.
- Act as a trusted product and subject matter specialist to North American based institutional, intermediary and wealth management investors that seek to integrate ESG factors:
- Focus on sales and client support activities; and
- Further develop the market for ESG and Responsible Investment within the distribution channels
- Identify, coordinate and participate in internal and external events, networking opportunities, and educational forums to increase ESG awareness and advocacy.
- Maintain and communicate quarterly market intelligence briefings as it relates to published research and studies, the competitive landscape, and industry trends.
- Provide support for the North American institutional, intermediary and wealth businesses by supporting product development and innovation, attending client meetings, roadshows and responding to RFPs and other capabilities inquiries.
- Help manage relationships with key ESG focused entities, in particular entities such as UNPRI, and coordinate responses to industry surveys and research studies.
- Liaise with investment teams to remain abreast of existing products and help develop new products in conjunction and work on ESG product pricing with strategist teams.
- Manage projects, analyze data and monitor trends to inform decisions and strategic direction.
- Work as a team member in the broader Sustainable Investing Team, local, regional and global and facilitate consistency in messaging and knowledge sharing on ESG topics across teams
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of macroeconomics, global markets and investment strategy.
- Requires specialized depth of expertise on ESG trends and tools, including experience with ESG databases, tools and frameworks.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, including ability to communicate complex subject matter in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to interpret internal/external business challenges and recommend best practices to enhance processes and services.
- Ability to develop a network both internally and externally and work effectively in a team environment across all levels.
- Proven track record of success with client relations.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (MBA, PhD, CFA, CAIA) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in SI/ESG research industry, or relevant financial services experience that includes exposure to SI/ESG investment products.
- Prior background in product management, market research and/or analysis.
- Experience coordinating and leading cross functional teams and projects.