Website Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We are currently recruiting for a mid-stage career professional to join our growing sustainable investment team as an ESG research analyst. Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Integration, the ESG research analyst is expected to have a strong interest in general ESG trends alongside investment research and programming skills. The analyst will monitor, investigate, and assess core ESG risks and opportunities across the equity and fixed income platforms working with the various investment teams and contribute to thought leadership research.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of Global Sustainable Investing Team, focusing on research of environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities.
- Develop, vet and refine analysis methods for the firm’s global platform.
- Support proprietary ESG score maintenance and refinement across asset classes
- Support and develop tools for the effective integration of ESG analysis into our security selection, portfolio construction, and stewardship processes.
- Maintain and communicate quarterly market intelligence briefings as it relates to published research and studies.
- Work closely with team members to identify and prepare ESG thematic reviews, market updates and other ESG research projects.
- Maintain relationships with key ESG index, data, and research providers in order to support current products and new product development.
- Provide ad-hoc support for client presentations, RFP submissions, and client reporting.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment research or quantitative modelling
- Familiar with the various ESG data providers such as MSCI, Sustainalytics, Trucost, ISS, etc.
- Proficient in languages such as Python, R, and/or Matlab
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, and/or Snowflake
- Desire to work within the growing field of Sustainable Investing with strong understanding of the current ESG landscape
- A degree in financial mathematics, financial engineering, or an MBA in finance is preferable
- CFA accreditation is a plus
- Experience building and maintaining financial models is required
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- A curious, creative mind with collaborative attitude
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.