Website Northern Trust
We are currently recruiting for an mid-stage career professional to join our growing sustainable investment team as an ESG research analyst. Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Integration, the ESG research analyst is expected to have a strong interest in general ESG trends alongside investment research and programming skills. The analyst will monitor, investigate, and assess core ESG risks and opportunities across the equity and fixed income platforms working with the various investment teams and contribute to thought leadership research.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of Global Sustainable Investing Team, focusing on research of environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities.
- Develop, vet and refine analysis methods for the firm’s global platform.
- Support proprietary ESG score maintenance and refinement across asset classes
- Support and develop tools for the effective integration of ESG analysis into our security selection, portfolio construction, and stewardship processes.
- Maintain and communicate quarterly market intelligence briefings as it relates to published research and studies.
- Work closely with team members to identify and prepare ESG thematic reviews, market updates and other ESG research projects.
- Maintain relationships with key ESG index, data, and research providers in order to support current products and new product development.
- Provide ad-hoc support for client presentations, RFP submissions, and client reporting.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment research or quantitative modelling
- Familiar with the various ESG data providers such as MSCI, Sustainalytics, Trucost, ISS, etc.
- Proficient in languages such as Python, R, and/or Matlab
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, and/or Snowflake
- Desire to work within the growing field of Sustainable Investing with strong understanding of the current ESG landscape
- A degree in financial mathematics, financial engineering, or an MBA in finance is preferable
- CFA accreditation is a plus
- Experience building and maintaining financial models is required
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- A curious, creative mind with collaborative attitude
About Northern Trust Asset Management
As a leading global asset management firm, our investment expertise, strength and innovation have earned the trust and confidence of the world’s most sophisticated institutional and individual investors.
With $1.6 trillion in total assets under management (as of 12/31/2021) and a longstanding fiduciary history of solving complex investment challenges, we believe our strength and stability drive opportunities for our clients. Northern Trust’s forward-looking, historically aware investment approach and deep capital markets expertise power a comprehensive set of solutions. Our asset class capabilities range from passive and factor-based, to fundamental active and multi-manager.
WORKING WITH US
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.