Website Norges Bank Investment Management
Norges Bank Investment Management is seeking a dedicated and results-oriented professional for the position of Analyst in the Stewardship Strategies group. That is part of the Corporate Governance area which conducts the fund’s ownership and responsible investment activities. The Stewardship Strategies group contributes to our value creation objective through engagement with portfolio companies on corporate governance topics and voting at shareholder meetings.
Your role will be to support and enhance NBIM’s voting process, handle incoming company requests, managing relationships with external and internal stakeholders, structuring data and building models at company and portfolio level. In this role, you will contribute to data projects and develop and maintain reporting tools.
You will work closely with the ESG Analytics team, the subject matter experts in Corporate Governance and alongside talented colleagues from teams across the investment organization, including the technology and operations teams and investment teams. Quantitatively inclined individuals are encouraged to apply. Some experience with data analytics and programming is necessary for the role.
The position is based in either Oslo or London and will report to the Head of Stewardship Strategies.
What you will do
- Support and improve voting execution, through analytical tools and automation, and develop and maintain systems to enhance voting process.
- Distribute voting research to portfolio managers and handle incoming company dialogue requests and vote at selected company meetings.
- Develop and maintain systems to further enhance voting process and visualize insights from data analysis to support decision making.
- Monitor ESG voting trends, contribute to NBIM internal and external reporting and coordinate with external and internal parties to strengthen voting process.
What you need
- Degree in finance, economics, information technology or related fields with strong academic records.
- Up to 3 years of relevant work experience as well as experience with data analytics, and familiarity with data processing tools such as SQL or Tableau.
- Good understanding of financial modelling is desirable as is working knowledge of Snowflake.
Interest in corporate governance and sustainability is highly advantageous.
Who you are
We think you are an empathic, intellectually curious, emotionally intelligent person who has the ability to take the initiative. You are a strong communicator with excellent analytical and numeracy skills who works creatively and structured with deep attention to detail.
A proactive, self-driven work style and a good team player mentality is key, as is your ambition to excel and operate with a high level of integrity. You have an international mindset and are comfortable with ambiguity, a great collaborator and proficient written and spoken English.
What we offer
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity, and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We are grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy, and diversity and we aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions. Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all employees.
Are you interested?
We would love to hear from you! You can apply through the link in this ad, that will take you to the application form in our recruitment system. Applications will be reviewed consecutively throughout the application period.
Do you have questions about the role or the team? Queries regarding the position may be directed to Nikolai Schjold, Lead Investment Stewardship Manager (email@example.com) and Camilla Hinsby, Global Recruitment Business Partner (Camilla.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Employment with Norges Bank is conditional on approved security check in accordance with Norges Bank’s rules, which may include criminal background and credit checks, and approved verification of employment history and academic records.