Job ID: 17608
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. As one of the largest pension providers in the Nordics, and the third largest in Norway, our ambition is to secure financial well-being to corporates and individuals. We have ambitious growth targets and want to be an influential player in the future of pension, insurance and banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in transforming and building a better company that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our customers improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, meeting our customers’ changing needs and offering them the best possible products and services is central to everything we do. Interested in joining us?
About This Opportunity
We seek a Head of Sustainable Investments for Nordea Life & Pensions in Norway. As a part of one of the largest pension providers in the Nordics, Nordea Life & Pensions Group (L&P), the company and its Investments function play an important role to secure stable long term returns enabling financial wellbeing for our clients.
In Nordea Life & Pensions, we strive to be an attractive and rewarding place to work, to deliver long term value to our shareholders and at the same time ensure that we deliver exceptional pension and insurance products with solid returns to our clients. The investment strategy is based on a prudent and cost-effective management with the aim of providing excellent and sustainable risk adjusted long term investment return. Sustainable investing for us means that we play a key role in the transition towards a sustainable future, together with our clients. The investments are within a broad asset class investment space of liquid and illiquid assets.
As the Head of Sustainable (responsible) Investments in Norway, you will be a part of a highly skilled Nordic Investment team consisting of you and twenty five colleagues in Bergen, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki and Copenhagen. The team works closely together, and you will be an important part of the success. The Investment organization also has a deep collaboration with the Nordea Life & Pension´s Trading and Analytics organization, as well with other units within Nordea Asset & Wealth Management and Nordea Bank. Nordea Life & Pensions Group manages approximately 70 billion EUR in insurance-based investment products in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the management of 190 bn NOK in invested assets.
- Be an important part of a Nordic Responsible Investments team in L&P, where the overall purpose for the team is to develop, implement and monitor responsible investment practices across L&P and to act as the competence unit and subject matter experts with regards to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and sustainability matters.
- You and the local Investment team are responsible for selecting and following up investments, and ensuring that returns are delivered with consistent high quality, and in a responsible way.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and provide guidance on sustainable investment decisions.
- Contribute to the local investment organization’s development and learning within responsible investment practices, to secure continuous high level of competences and team members individual development.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in the relevant parts of the investment process, including but not limited to, the Nordic Investment team and Nordea Asset & Wealth Management.
- Communicate internally and externally our approach to sustainability and responsible investing.
- Contribute with sustainability expertise in client meetings and events.
- Contact person for NGOs and external requests related to sustainability assessments of our investments.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the sustainable investment industry and in relevant ESG and sustainability related regulations affecting L&Ps investment offering.
- Contribute to compliance of ESG and sustainability related regulations, and subsequent reporting, both on a Nordic and local level.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate sustainable investing principles into the broader business strategy.
- Act as subject matter expert on ESG related topics for NLP Norway.
The role is based in Oslo or Bergen and will report to the Chief Investment Officer of Nordea Life & Pension Norway.
Who You Are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best.
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for sustainable investing and possess the skills and expertise to drive forward our mission of creating long-term value through responsible investments. You work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You enjoy learning and are willing to experience new tasks, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re ambitious and passionate about doing a great job. You cooperate well with stakeholders on different levels of the organization and you can drive strategic work independently.
- Deep knowledge of capital markets and asset allocation: equity, credit and real estate investment management.
- Deep knowledge of responsible investment practices.
- Strong drive to constantly develop our sustainable strategy and offering.
- Strong communication skills, both on a high level and a detailed technical product level for the sustainable investments, and ability to bring this forward to stakeholders and customers
- Broad experience working with different aspects of asset management within insurance and/or banking.
- Experience from financial institutions, working in teams and with a strong track record.
- Strong professional skills with minimum a master’s degree in Finance, Economics or similar.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, spoken and written.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Submit your application no later than 25/05/2023. For more information about the position, you are welcome to contact CIO, Leif-Rune H. Rein (email@example.com), 95869205.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please be aware that any applications or CVs coming through email or direct messages will not be accepted or considered.