Website New York Life Insurance Company
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations.
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It’s a career journey you can be proud of, and you’ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill- building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn ,
our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Join our growing Impact Investing team that partners with diverse asset managers, federally chartered community development financial institutions, and other mission-driven organizations to amplify their efforts on the ground. With over $1 billion of capital committed to date, the Impact Investment team at NYL seeks to help address the racial wealth gap by investing in underserved and undercapitalized communities with a focus on supporting small businesses, affordable housing, and community development. Like many of our strategies, this initiative generates profits with a purpose, and has the dual objective of driving positive social impact while producing market returns to support New York Life’s policy owners.
The team member would assist the Impact Investing team in each of the following areas:
- New Deal Underwriting
- Identify key investment partners and perform manager due diligence
- Perform investment analysis, including financial modeling, real estate analysis, and industry research
- Analyze financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions relevant to our investment decisions
- Prepare formal credit memorandums to present to the investment committee
- Portfolio Management
- Evaluate the performance of investments, including monitoring quarterly financial results, industry and regulatory developments, and compliance with lending terms
- Collect and track impact metrics for portfolio investments
- Prepare periodic portfolio and sector specific reviews
- Additional Tasks
- Manage the team pipeline and other organizational documents
- Perform market research in the areas of affordable housing, small business lending, and community developments
- Process trades and capital calls
- Assist with the development and maintenance of an impact measurement system
- Manage relationships with key partners, including responding to requests and tracking deliverables
- Undergraduate degree (BA or BS) required; major in economics, accounting or finance preferred
- 2-5 years of experience working in the financial services sector; asset management experience preferred but not required, including credit and real estate underwriting
- Passion for investing and for social impact
- Strong team player with the ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail, with demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
Salary range: $80,000-$120,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits . Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We’re proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 88489