Website New York Life
Insurer | Asset Manager
Location Designation: Hybrid
When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
NYLIM is seeking an experienced team member to join the ESG team. In this role you would partner with multiple teams to support the expansion of NYLIM’s ESG capabilities, including product development, sales, risk management, legal, and marketing and communications. Experience with ESG-related analysis from an investment context preferred, with specific climate-related risk analysis experience a plus. Experience with ESG-related reporting also a plus. We are looking for a subject matter expert to support NYLIM’s ESG growth strategy.
- Support sales, product development, product management and risk as a subject matter expert
- Help assess strategic response to investment risks and opportunities related to climate change and environmental risks
- Further develop ESG reporting capabilities (i.e. Corporate Responsibility Report, UN PRI, TCFD)
- Demonstrate sustainable investing expertise and reinforce our credibility to our product Boards, clients and overall market
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of ESG regulations, market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
- Other ESG-related initiatives as assigned
- Five years of experience in a similar role, 7-10 years overall experience in finance preferred. Masters in sustainability-related field, CFA or MBA a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working with multiple teams to move projects forward
- Willingness to dive deep into research and details. Demonstrated analytical and technical skills. Experience analyzing investment portfolios a plus
Salary range: $115,000-$175,000
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Click here to learn more about our benefits . Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation . We’re proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 86383