Website Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman believes that integrating material environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes helps to better deliver our clients’ investment objectives. The firm has a long history of integrating ESG factors into its investment strategies. We introduced avoidance screens in 1942, launched a concentrated long-only active equity socially responsible fund in 1989 and have been a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment since 2012. The ESG Investing team is responsible for deepening Neuberger Berman’s commitment to ESG by enhancing the integration of material ESG factors across equities, fixed income, and private investment strategies. This includes developing and launching new sustainable and impact investing strategies, establishing engagement infrastructure and related reporting, enhancing our proprietary ESG rating system, and working with portfolio managers to further improve their investment processes. The team also works directly with clients around the world to understand their ESG investment objectives and develop innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will primarily work with our Fixed Income Portfolio Managers and their research teams to coordinate engagement activities with issuers owned in existing investment strategies and future product innovations and maintain data regarding these engagements including progress towards objectives. The successful candidate will also work closely with our ESG Investing Team to maintain fluency in market leading practices in engagement protocols. The successful candidate will be a critical part of our ESG integration and engagement efforts for both existing and new investment strategies across the business.
- Partner with research analysts to establish company-specific engagement objectives, conduct engagements with issuers, and monitor engagement outcomes
- Develop materials on engagement activities including case studies and key performance indicators
- Conduct research as needed for strategic and tactical projects including researching sector specific ESG topics in conjunction with credit research teams
- Support the ongoing data integration, monitoring, and analysis of ESG, engagement and impact metrics
- Support the development of thought leadership and collateral including white papers, pitch books and client communications
- Serve a subject matter expert on new and emerging ESG topic areas including understanding global trends, regulations, and new analytical approaches
- Work collaboratively across business areas, including client, marketing, and reporting teams, to respond to inquiries and support reporting efforts
- Demonstrated experience in ESG or impact investing
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to perform in fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and strong time management skills
- Resourceful with ability to navigate to solutions independently, and able to handle multiple and changing priorities with a solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively, with strong writing capabilities
- Keen attention to detail and strong critical thinking capabilities
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and focus on results
- Eagerness and drive to learn the business and contribute to team and organization goals
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.