Website Neuberger Berman
The private markets group of the firm, NB Private Markets manages over $120 billion of client commitments since inception (as of September 30, 2023). The platform invests in funds (both on a primary and secondary basis) as well as direct investments, including equity co-investments, private credit including private debt and capital solutions, brand licensing (“Marquee”), healthcare credit (“Athyrium”), real estate investments (“Almanac”), Insurance Linked Strategies (“ILS”), and hedge fund investing.
Neuberger Berman believes that integrating material environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes helps to better deliver our clients’ investment objectives. The firm has a long history of integrating ESG factors into its investment strategies. The firm’s ESG investing professionals are responsible for deepening Neuberger Berman’s commitment to ESG by enhancing the integration of material ESG factors across equities, fixed income, and private investment strategies. This includes enhancing the firm’s proprietary ESG analytical and investment capabilities, and developing and implementing sustainable and impact investing strategies.
The successful candidate will focus on ESG-integration in investment processes and ESG-related client service in private equity. The successful individual will have an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on the firm’s ESG and sustainability related initiatives.
- Support ESG due diligence, monitoring, and training in collaboration with investment teams;
- Develop investor-facing materials including reporting of ESG and impact-related data, in collaboration with the reporting team, on both a regular and ad hoc basis;
- Maintain and enhance ESG and impact-related databases, in collaboration with data and operations colleagues;
- Support ESG-related fundraising and client communications including requests for proposals and investor diligence questionnaires;
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and writing, and client engagement through content development and production of presentation materials;
- Collaborate with colleagues across the firm on projects to support the successful implementation of the firm’s overall ESG investing strategy.
- Proven relevant experience and ability to be proficient in ESG and impact investing data, frameworks, reporting, and industry best practices;
- Demonstrated experience in private markets, which may have come from work experience in private equity, investment management, asset management, or management consulting;
- Accountable, with a strong sense of ownership and high attention to detail;
- Intellectually curious self-starter with a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and maturity;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other data systems;
- Undergraduate degree with excellent academic credentials, and a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
The salary range for this role is $80,000-$100,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. This job is also eligible for a discretionary bonus. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, production, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com.