Website Neuberger Berman
About Neuberger Berman Group, LLC
Neuberger Berman is an independent, employee-owned, global asset management firm, serving the financial needs of institutions and individual investors worldwide. Our broad capabilities include traditional and alternative equity and fixed income strategies, private equity and commodities, in addition to portfolio advice and wealth planning services. We offer a broad platform to accommodate the evolving needs of our clients.
Neuberger Berman believes that integrating material environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes helps to better deliver our clients’ investment objectives. The firm has a long history of integrating ESG factors into its investment strategies – we introduced avoidance screens in 1942, launched a concentrated long-only active equity socially responsible fund in 1989 and have been a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment since 2012. As an active manager, engagement has always been central to our investment philosophy. We believe dialogue between investors and companies can positively influence corporate behaviors to drive long-term, sustainable returns for our clients.
The ESG Investing team is responsible for deepening and innovating Neuberger Berman’s integration of material ESG factors across equities, fixed income, and private investment strategies. This includes coordinating and guiding the engagement and stewardship activities of our portfolio managers and analysts, partnering with our portfolio managers on further improving their investment processes, and developing and launching new sustainable and impact investing strategies. The team also works directly with clients around the world to understand their ESG investment objectives and develop innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Investment Stewardship and contribute to the firm’s global stewardship activities. The individual will support our proxy voting process and policies, and work closely with our senior public equity portfolio managers and Global Equity Research team who engage with companies on a daily basis. This position will be based in New York City.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the firm’s proxy voting guidelines in line with our fiduciary responsibilities to clients;
- Analyze key proposals in partnership with investment teams and support the firm’s leading advance vote disclosure initiative, NB Votes
- Conduct research and quantitative analysis, producing presentations for internal and external use to contribute to the development and execution of stewardship processes, data analytics, and reporting;
- Partner with senior public equity portfolio managers and experienced industry analysts to provide advice and guidance as they engage with company management teams and board members;
- Support the development of thought leadership through research and writing, client engagement and broader industry collaborations through content development and communications;
- Work collaboratively across business areas, including research analysts and reporting teams, to support the implementation of the firm’s commitment to ESG integration in investment processes across asset classes;
- Contribute to enhancing the firm’s approach to active ownership, including proxy voting and issuer engagement practices.
- Demonstrated experience in proxy voting, engagement, corporate governance or ESG research;
- Familiarity with proxy voting advisors and processes;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other data analytics;
- Self-starter with strong analytical, organizational, writing, and project management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables;
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a collaborative manner with multiple stakeholders through to completion in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity;
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$130,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. This job is also eligible for a discretionary bonus. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and other benefits to eligible employees.Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, production, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.