Website Neuberger Berman
About Neuberger Berman:
Neuberger Berman, founded in 1939, is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages a range of strategies—including equity, fixed income, quantitative and multi-asset class, private equity, real estate, and hedge funds—on behalf of institutions, advisors, and individual investors globally. With offices in 38 cities worldwide, Neuberger Berman’s diverse team has over 2,500 professionals. For eight consecutive years, the company has been named first or second in Pensions & Investments Best Places to Work in Money Management survey (among those with 1,000 employees or more). In 2020, the PRI named Neuberger Berman a Leader, a designation awarded to fewer than 1% of investment firms for excellence in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices. The PRI also awarded Neuberger Berman an A+ in every eligible category for our approach to ESG integration across asset classes. The firm manages $418 billion in client assets as of June 20, 2022.
For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.
About the Team:
Neuberger Berman believes that material environmental, social and governance characteristics are an important driver of long-term investment returns from both an opportunity and a risk mitigation perspective. We also understand that for many of our clients, the impact of their portfolio is an important consideration in conjunction with investment performance.
The ESG and Impact Investing team sits across asset classes and is responsible for deepening Neuberger Berman’s commitment to ESG by enhancing the integration of material ESG factors across fixed income, equities, and private investment strategies, as well as developing and launching new impact investing strategies. The team works with clients around the world to understand their ESG and impact objectives and to develop innovative investment solutions and thought leadership.
As the successful candidate, you will be an integral part of the ESG Investing team, supporting the implementation of the firm’s commitment to ESG integration and engagement with clients on ESG and impact investing topics. You will have significant exposure to the firm’s portfolio managers and have an opportunity to influence firm strategy on sustainability and related issues. You will also be contributing to the deeper integration of ESG analysis into investment processes with a particular focus on public equity strategies, which involves working directly with portfolio managers.
- Supporting the continued evolution of the firm’s proprietary ESG rating system, which involves working directly with equity research analysts and data scientists
- Conducting research and quantitative analysis to generate novel ESG insights and develop content and presentations to communicate these insights for internal and client-facing materials
- Contributing to the development of new Sustainable and Impact Investing investment strategies
- Executing the production of thought leadership, which involves research, critical thinking, and writing
- Maintaining and enhancing the firm’s ESG and impact management capabilities, including staying abreast of industry trends and regulations, and engaging with industry collaborations and working groups
- Collaborating with the Client, Marketing, and RFP teams with timely and relevant ESG-related requests, including periodic client reporting, ESG investor diligence questions, annual UN PRI reporting, firm’s annual ESG report, and ad hoc requests
- Collaborating with colleagues across the firm on projects to support the successful implementation of the firm’s overall ESG and impact investing strategy
- Undergraduate degree with excellent academic credentials and a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in ESG investing, sustainability or impact investing and familiarity with ESG and sustainability data, frameworks, reporting, and industry best practices
- Demonstrated experience of investment processes which may have come from work experience in investment banking, investment management, sell-side research, or management consulting
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other data analytics
- Intellectually curious with a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Self-starter with strong analytical, organizational, writing, and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable and presentable deliverables
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects in a collaborative manner with multiple stakeholders through to completion in a dynamic environment
- Accountable, with a strong sense of professionalism and integrity
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.