Website National Bank of Canada
Bank | Asset Manager
A career at National Bank Investments (NBI) means participating in transformation to have a direct impact on the client. As Senior Director, Responsible Investment, you will act as a leader in the development and execution of NBI’s sustainable investment strategy objectives as well as Wealth Management.
- Act as a leader in the development and execution of NBI’s Sustainable Investment Strategy objectives and Wealth Management with respect to portfolio management, responsible investment advice, data analysis and reporting on ESG factors, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and climate impact.
- Represent NBI and Wealth Management internally and externally on various relevant committees.
- Interact with the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) on matters related to responsible investment.
- Represent BNI and Wealth Management in various presentations to the general public or in the media.
- Interact with external portfolio managers to identify best practices relevant to BNI
- Make investment recommendations as part of the OP4+ portfolio manager selection process including:
- Analysis of ESG integration within the investment process of open architecture portfolio managers
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of Environmental, Social and Governance risks and profiles of portfolios and investment solutions as well as alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Climate risk analysis and stress testing of portfolios and solutions.
- Analysis of portfolio footprints (greenhouse gases, water, waste) in achieving net-zero targeting.
NBI is an investment fund management firm engaged in the development and distribution of mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, investment solutions and services designed to help Canadian investors achieve their financial goals. Our role: to act as a quarterback of savings and investment initiatives through National Bank.
We are therefore looking for a person whose mindset revolves around the following points:
- Objective: To act as a leader in the development and execution of NBI’s sustainable investment strategy objectives as well as Wealth Management.
- Transversal and unifying leadership capacity of various strategic partners in Wealth Management.
- Ability to communicate with large groups to educate on responsible investment principles
- Excellent knowledge of portfolio management with the ability to analyze portfolio characteristics at the ESG level
- Ability to produce value-added research papers on responsible investment
- Curiosity to learn continuously
- Shareholder mentality
- Who is not afraid to step out of their comfort zone
- Who knows how to manage their priorities and navigate ambiguity
- Who knows how to make decisions and is accountable for them
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related to the industry and 10 years of relevant experience
- Industry-related master’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in responsible investment, United Nations Responsible Investment Principles and climate risks.
- Experience in managing strategic projects.
- Competence in research writing and presentation to partners and clients in French and English.
- Integrity and ability to challenge the status quo
- Bilingualism (spoken/written) French and English, essential. Bilingualism French/English necessary, because you will regularly transact with partners located across Canada and internationally.
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) completed or in the process of obtaining an asset
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We are a bank on a human scale that stands out for its audacity, its entrepreneurial culture and its passion for people. We exist to have a positive impact in people’s lives. Our core values of complicity, agility and power to act are our sources of inspiration. Inclusion is at the heart of our commitments. We offer a barrier-free and accessible workplace for all employees. We aim to provide accessibility measures during the recruitment process. If you need accommodation, do not hesitate to let us know during your first exchanges with us. We welcome candidates from all walks of life and would like to hear what you can add to our team.
Ready to set your ambitions?