Your Team Responsibilities
MSCI ESG Research is seeking to expand its ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Product Management team and is looking for a suitable candidate to join our New York office.
As the ESG Product Management Vice President, you will be part of our team that is a leading provider of ESG research to institutional investors globally. In this role, you will help us to develop and launch new ESG products, and to support and make improvements to existing products. You will work with several product managers, as well as stakeholders across the organization and around the world. You will learn about the fast-growing sustainable investing field, the leading ESG products in the market, and how investors are using them.
What We Will Offer You
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Partner with senior product managers, as well as colleagues across the organization and across product lines including client coverage, marketing, finance and legal in helping us to achieve our commercial product objectives. They work within the product management team to help define our commercial models for new and existing products, evaluate market dynamics, develop sales and marketing campaigns, and support sales activities.
- Leading the design and implementation of commercial product strategy by quickly assessing and evaluating key market dynamics (e.g. competitors, key providers, regulation) and consolidating these into a competitive business strategy. The objective is to grow our subscription revenue by developing new products, enhancing and finding new ways to monetize existing products, and preparing strategic and tactical regional sales and marketing plans. Key growth opportunities include selling additional subscriptions to the existing client base and finding new use cases for new client segments.
- Directly support our client facing organization by responding to questions from MSCI client coverage related to our products, pricing and licensing; helping to negotiate terms; developing collateral, pitchbooks, user guides, talking points and documentation; designing sales campaigns, and helping to organize periodic training sessions for coverage.
- Successful candidates will have a financial background, experience in developing commercial models and working with external clients and exhibit an interest for ESG issues.
Your Skills And Experience That Will Help You Excel
- The right candidate should have extensive practical experience in finance, product management or a sales role with some experience/exposure to ESG investing topics. She or he ideally understands financial institutions and the investment process. Experience within a front office investment environment is helpful inclusive of direct exposure to portfolio management or credit & equity research process, but not necessary. Previous experience in a product management or sales position in a for-profit organization, with a strong track record of delivering commercial results, would be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate is highly organized and able to work effectively on several simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- This position requires constant interaction with senior product management personnel, other teams, and external clients and partners. Because of this, the Product Management must possess excellent communication skills in order to be positioned to effectively make regular presentations to these individuals as required. Note, that excellent people skills are also important for the facilitation of smooth interactions in internal business collaborations.
- Should possess exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to do market analysis and run commercial projections. These analytical skills coupled with strong technical abilities and a genuine passion for new technologies and analytical tools are a quality an ideal candidate will possess.
- The Product Manager should be creative and innovative in problem solving and the formulation of solutions. Additionally, they should demonstrate great initiative and motivation in approaching their workload as well as in learning new interpersonal and analytical skills.
- An ideal candidate will hold a degree in a technical field; for example, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration or the equivalent experience.
How We’ll Support You
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
About MSCI And Our Teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Response to COVID-19
To help protect our colleagues, MSCI requires that new hires are fully vaccinated (meaning two weeks have elapsed since the final vaccine shot) as a condition of employment and will require proof of vaccination.