MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its multi-asset research team to support our clients’ growing Impact Investing and Screening needs. The Impact Investing & Screening Specialist would spearhead MSCI ESG Research content strategy and development of new positive and negative impact-focused screening capabilities and structured datasets, support and enhance our sector-leading offering, produce timely and insightful content around key impact investing themes, and engage with strategic partners and clients in defining complex policies and value-based investment objectives.
Your Key Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to understand and act on emerging trends in sustainable investment, ensure the analytical rigor of MSCI ESG Research’s Impact & Screening solutions, including environmental and social adverse impact assessment, sustainability labels and policy-based screens, global norms and sanctions-based exclusions, among others. You will work closely with all parts of the MSCI organization, including Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, IT and Product Management. Your specific responsibilities shall include:
- Representing MSCI ESG Research in external settings on issues related to sustainability, global norms, and impact investing;
- Monitoring and understanding emerging sustainability standards and norms to help our clients execute best practices in impact-based capital allocation;
- Developing market-leading sustainable finance investment tools, investor guides, and methodologies;
- Collaborating with other ESG Research and MSCI Index teams in developing scalable and structured data solutions for multi-asset portfolios, funds, indexes and ETFs;
- Supporting clients and the MSCI Client Coverage team in navigating compliance-based investment screening requirements;
- Producing insightful research content on Impact Investing trends, social and environmental impact themes, and presenting research findings to internal and external audiences.
Your Skills And Experience That Will Help You Excel
In Addition, The Ideal Candidate Is
The candidate must demonstrate a strong interest and knowledge about the sustainable or socially responsible investment field, particularly related to exclusionary investments, divestments, and impact-based investment trends.
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to develop and work with large data sets and rules-based structured outputs;
- A storyteller with excellent writing, communication, and public presenting skills;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in investment, corporate sustainability, or NGO fields;
- Strong knowledge of key Sustainability and Global Norms frameworks;
- Demonstrated experience in writing thematic research content;
- An advanced degree (Masters) is preferred but not required.
How We’ll Support You
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups such as MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities and Climate Action Groups.
About MSCI And Our Teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.