Your Team Responsibilities
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its multi-asset research team to support our clients’ growing Impact Investing and Screening needs. We are looking for motivated, resourceful, and collaborative researcher to work on a series of thematic publications around issues of impact investing, sustainable development, green financing, and adverse impact. While being a part of Impact and Screening Research team, this position will rely on collaboration with a broader ESG Research team, including ESG Content Development team, in articulating and exploring emerging areas on impact investing.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Individually and in collaboration with colleagues produce research content – thematic reports, insights, blogs – on impact investing trends, social and environmental impact themes, controversial or adverse impact activities;
- Support content development of Impact and Screening Research team throughout the full production process from ideation to publication;
- Consolidate and present to external audiences MSCI’s perspectives and analytical insights related to a broad range of sustainability issues (e.g., biodiversity and forest management, ESG implications of war in Ukraine);
- Analyze key sustainability trends, impact investing objectives and challenges and explore possible approaches to solving complex problems (e.g., what does alignment with global norms mean? is double materiality a feasible investment objective?);
- Partake in MSCI ESG Research content strategy development by identifying core research themes in sustainable investing.
Your Skills And Experience That Will Help You Excel
- critical thinking with attention to detail and the ability to develop and work with large data sets;
- excellent story-telling, writing, communication, and public presenting skills;
- passion for sustainability and impact investing, with a desire to bring ESG into the mainstream investment process;
- flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in investment, corporate sustainability, or NGO fields with a demonstrated track record of producing thematic research content;
- Strong knowledge of key sustainability and global norms frameworks;
- An advanced degree (Masters) is preferred but not required.
How We’ll Support You
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
About MSCI And Our Teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.