About The Role
The Product Strategy and Development (PSD) team oversees product development and innovation; and manages Sustainalytics’ product portfolio in alignment with corporate priorities. The team is seeking a seasoned professional to support the development, commercialization, and maintenance of a suite of strategically important ESG research products that support Morningstar and Sustainalytics’ clients growing needs for data and insights to assess the ESG risk profile of fixed-income issuers.
The Senior Associate Product Manager will be a key member of a small and flexible team within the PSD. The Senior Associate Product Manager will help manage the development of new product features; support client and sales teams to achieve commercial goals; and collaborate with internal teams to support robust and efficient operational processes that improve and ensure product quality. The role blends strategic product management functions with overseeing product feature implementation while working with internal stakeholders across the company.
Overall, this multifaceted role requires someone who excels in a dynamic environment, has strong analytical and project management skills, is a creative problem solver and an exceptional communicator. The ideal candidate is experienced in ESG research product development and is knowledgeable of fixed-income markets and securities. You will join a dynamic and strategically important team and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of product managers at Sustainalytics
Present to clients the key components and competitive advantages of Sustainalytics’ ESG risk ratings for fixed-income issuers, including the Country Risk Rating and ESG Risk Rating; position the products to clients for commercial success;
Act as an expert on our fixed-income capabilities, responding to inquiries, and providing insights to clients and client teams on the value and utility of the products;
Manage and develop new capabilities to grow our product line for ESG risk ratings assigned to fixed-income issuers;
Work closely with our commercial team to understand client use cases and translate them into product features;
Provide insights and market intelligence to identify related market trends; translate trends into product improvements or new product propositions that provide competitive advantage;
Collaborate with product operations and development teams – methodology, operations, research and IT – to bring product features to market.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, especially related to ESG, sustainability and/or impact research, impact measurement, and/or impact investing;
- Experience working with clients in the financial services industry, particularly in fixed income.;
- Master’s degree in related discipline (business, economics, environment and/or social sciences) or Bachelor’s degree with the equivalent, relevant experience;
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with ease and manage competing interests to deliver strategic projects efficiently and effectively, compromising where needed;
- Experience working with fixed-income data, data teams and software development teams is an asset. Experience developing and executing an implementation plan for a product vision or strategy;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of working with a diverse set of stakeholders;
- Ability to excel in dynamic environments where there is a high degree of uncertainty. Tenacious problem solver;
- Strong analytical, data and critical thinking skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Strong business process/product/project management and execution skills;
- A genuine team player who is motivated to achieve objectives and overcomes challenges through close collaboration and coordination with other teams;
- Alignment with Morningstar and Sustainalytics culture and mission.
Sustainalytics is a Morningstar company dedicated to responsible investment with over 25 years’ experience in ESG research and ratings. With an extensive client base across asset managers, asset owners and investment banks, our mission is to provide the insights required for investors and companies to make more informed decisions that lead to a more just and sustainable global economy.
As Morningstar’s ESG center of excellence we are responsible for driving both the commercial success and innovation of its ESG products as well as its overall ESG strategy.
In these times, we rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com