Website Morgan Stanley
Bank | Asset Manager
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides a range of wealth management products and services for affluent individuals, businesses, and institutions. These services include brokerage and investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement and trust.
Global Investment Manager Analysis (GIMA), a unit within the Global Investment Office (GIO), provides comprehensive manager due diligence on a wide range of investment strategies, including separately managed accounts, mutual funds, UCITs, exchange-traded funds, and private vehicles in the equity, fixed income, and alternative investments spaces. The GIMA team engages with a broad array of investment managers to identify high quality strategies for portfolios.
The investment analyst will provide support to the team’s investment officer, focused on Investing with Impact (ESG) strategies available across mutual fund, SMA, and ETF vehicles. The investment analyst will primarily be responsible for sourcing new investment managers and conducting initial and ongoing investment due diligence for various Investing with Impact products.
- Lead the due diligence process from inception to completion, which typically involves documentation review, conference calls, and in-person meetings with investment managers.
- Analyze managers in relation to their investment process, portfolio construction, risk management, and ESG capabilities.
- Assess manager’s historical return profile based on their performance history and attribution.
- Prepare written reports and commentaries on various managers.
- Present findings and results to internal product approval committees, as necessary.
Ongoing Activities Include
- Adhere to policies and procedures for initial and ongoing due diligence including onsite reviews, written notes, and updating reports.
- Interact with internal teams as appropriate, including Product Management, Sales, Legal, and Compliance, as needed.
- Support a team atmosphere including idea sharing, learning, and back-up.
- Remain abreast of industry trends, regulatory matters, and market events impacting funds, managers, clients, and the industry.
- Looking for a candidate that has a strong knowledge of Investing with Impact strategies and the desire to expand their skillset across investment strategies and products.
- 6-10+ years of job experience in the financial markets, with experience in investment due diligence and knowledge of various traditional investment strategies.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including experience drafting internal memorandum and detailed reports.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to summarize large quantities of information and to work under pressure without sacrificing accuracy.
- Must be able to efficiently interface with internal personnel and external clients.
- A willingness to learn and to work within a close-knit team.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- MBA, CFA, CPA, and/or CAIA not required but viewed favorably.
- Appropriate securities licenses required or will need to be obtained upon hire.
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $105,000 and $180,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Sep 27, 2023
Americas-United States of America-New York-Purchase