Website Morgan Stanley
Bank | Asset Manager
About The Firm
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
About The Division
Morgan Stanley’s Japan Sustainability Office (JSO) is a part of Global Sustainability Office (GSO), which is a center of thought leadership and innovation driving the firm’s sustainability strategy. GSO helps ensure consistent integration of sustainability considerations across our corporate policies, business activities and operations in partnership with teams across our three business segments, support services and risk and control functions. It also oversees the Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing.
The JSO team is seeking an Analyst to support the team’s broad mandate, including delivery of innovative sustainable finance solutions, corporate sustainability goals, and Institute for Sustainable Investing related activities. JSO works closely with partners across Morgan Stanley Institutional Securities Group, Investment Management, and internal functions.
About The Role
The Analyst will be a passionate sustainability subject matter generalist with flexibility to navigate through various topics. The Analyst will develop and manage complex work plans and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in delivering strategic solutions, including but not limited to, supporting the design of client solutions, assisting in managing and enhancing internal employee engagement around the firm’s sustainability activities and strategy, and working with the Institute for Sustainable Investing team on thought leadership and strategic partnerships. The role will also support other areas of the JSO team.
Supports execution of JSO strategy.
- Monitors regulatory developments and changes to the sustainability disclosure reporting.
- Coordinates employee focused events, such as Employee Sustainability Forum, covering key sustainability topics.
- Conducts research on emerging corporate sustainability topics, monitors emerging ESG issues on an ongoing basis, and identifies relevant risks and opportunities.
- Assists in data analysis requests, managing inquiries and requests from BUs, contents gathering for Japan thought leadership pieces,
- Assists with development of communications, publications, and presentations.
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS required
- 1-3 years of work experience in financial services, ideally with some experience in corporate sustainability either in the industry or in a consulting firm
- Detail oriented with excellent business writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Strong team player, and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners
- Passion for Sustainability and finance
- Business level fluency in both English and Japanese
Why Morgan Stanley?
- A career with Morgan Stanley means being part of an inclusive culture that encourages diverse perspectives, innovation, and cross-collaboration to bring value to our clients. You’ll find passionate people from all walks of life working together to make the world a little better every day.
- We invest in the growth and success of our people through mentorship and development programs, as well as abundant opportunities to connect with peers and senior leaders through employee-driven networks and volunteer activities.
- Your wellness and priorities outside of work are important to us. Our competitive compensation and benefits package is designed to support the diverse needs of our employees and take care of you and your family.
- Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to build and support a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. We are committed to support special needs or reasonable accommodations necessary to enable you to work comfortably and effectively.
- Discover our Japan Offerings: https://www.morganstanley.co.jp/ja/people/working-at-morgan-stanley
- Discover our Global Offerings: https://www.morganstanley.com/people/experienced-professionals
Our Commitment to Japan
Everything we do at Morgan Stanley is guided by our five core values: do the right thing, put clients first, lead with exceptional ideas, commit to diversity and inclusion, and give back. Since opening a representative office in Tokyo in 1970, we have been one of the largest and most active foreign financial firms in Japan providing investment banking, sales & trading, real estate, and investment management services.
Our People (English): https://www.morganstanley.com/articles/who-we-are
Our People (Japanese): https://www.morganstanley.co.jp/ja/people
Apr 4, 2023
Global Sustainable Finance