Website Morgan Stanley
Bank | Asset Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing (Institute) is one of three pillars within the Morgan Stanley Global Sustainability Office (GSO). The Institute aims to advance the adoption of sustainable investing, foster innovation and support the development of the next generation of sustainable investing leaders. The Institute, which will celebrate its 10th Anniversary in 2023, reports directly to the firm’s Chief Sustainability Officer.
The Capacity Building & Partnerships Director will work across business lines to lead the planning of the Institute’s annual flagship event, the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Summit. The Summit brings together thought leaders from across public and private sectors to participate in keynote addresses, one-on-one conversations and moderated panels focused on key themes and ideas at the forefront of sustainable investing. In addition, the Director will take a lead role in managing the Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge and GSO’s annual summer Fellowship program for college students. The Director will also be responsible for managing GSO internal and external partnerships and projects across various GSO teams, as well as across the firm.
This person must be a team player with strong collaboration skills and a desire to learn and grow. While they do not have to be a sustainability subject matter expert, they should have a broad interest in sustainability and a strong understanding of the key leaders, topics and themes that are currently central to the discussions taking place in sustainability.Key Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and execution of the Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Summit.
- Work across GSO teams and collaborate across the Firm on key Institute capacity building initiatives.
- Help establish and manage partnerships across various GSO teams, as well as firm Digital, Communications, Marketing and Events teams.
- Work with the Institute team to develop content for the Summit and capacity building programs across channels.
- Support the Institute’s Thought Leadership lead in the development of social media content for events & partnerships.
- Support projects and engagements from across the GSO team.
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably with an understanding of the financial industry and in an area with exposure to sustainable investing.
- Experience planning complex virtual and in-person events.
- An effective team player with strong collaboration skills and a desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Comfort working with senior leaders and balancing multiple priorities.
- A multitasker with the ability to manage stakeholders and prioritize work with support from senior team members.
- Ability to operate collaboratively in a team culture.
- Experience developing communications, social media and presentations.
- A willingness to support other areas of GSO’s work and jump in to lend a hand.
- A high level of skill at developing presentation decks.
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between 85,000.00 and 135,000.00per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Oct 31, 2022
Americas-United States of America-New York-New York
Global Sustainable Finance