Website Morgan Stanley
Bank | Asset Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Global Sustainable Finance Group (“GSF”) aims to drive the growth of sustainable investing through ongoing development of products and solutions, thought leadership and capacity building initiatives.The GSF team is seeking a Products & Solutions Vice President to support the team’s incubation and delivery of innovative sustainable finance solutions and advice for clients of Morgan Stanley in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). GSF works closely with partners across Morgan Stanley Institutional Securities Group, Investment Management, Wealth Management, and internal functions.
The Vice President will serve as a sustainable finance generalist and be responsible for leading strategic projects across EMEA at the intersection of sustainable investing, innovation, and commercial opportunities. Projects will span a variety of internal and external initiatives and require a deep understanding of market trends and the sustainable investing solution set across Morgan Stanley’s regional businesses. Additionally, there will be opportunities to support client engagement, product governance and team development. Successful candidates will be equally comfortable working on a small team and navigating a global financial services firm. The Vice President will collaborate closely with senior stakeholders, business partners and the New York-based GSF team, including Morgan Stanley’s Institute for Sustainable Investing, GSF Data Team and the Office of Sustainability.
- Collaborate across Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Securities Group and Investment Management EMEA business units to assist in developing and enhancing differentiated sustainable investing products, solutions, and tools.
- Identify strategic and creative opportunities for GSF to engage with the firm’s clients, business partners, internal functions, and industry networks to drive growth and awareness of Morgan Stanley’s sustainable finance capabilities across EMEA
- Articulate sustainable investing approaches and solutions to EMEA internal and external audiences and partners in a variety of settings
- Support EMEA strategic internal initiatives including relationship management, product governance, global regulatory developments and KPI tracking
- Ensure coordination in supporting thought leadership, capacity building and other initiatives of the GSF team and Institute for Sustainable Investing regionally and globally.
- Undergraduate degree: Master’s degree, MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in financial services (e.g., asset management, investment banking, capital markets, research)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with demonstrated experience managing and presenting to senior stakeholders and institutional clients
- Fluency in sustainable investing approaches and products across asset classes, and familiarity with Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data providers, frameworks, and regulatory developments
- Passion for the intersection of finance and sustainability, with an understanding of relevant themes including, but not limited to, climate change and transition finance; biodiversity; circular economy and plastic waste reduction; economic development; and diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Working understanding of EU and UK ESG/climate regulatory landscape
- Comfort in juggling multiple priorities; strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team and independently as a self-starter
- Fluency in PowerPoint, Excel, and CRM systems
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Sep 12, 2022
Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Global Sustainable Finance