Website Morgan Stanley
Bank | Asset Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives, and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) is one of the largest global asset management organizations of any full-service securities firm, with more than 40 years of history, a presence in 23 countries, and a total of $1.4 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2022. MSIM strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide. MSIM has deep experience in responsible and sustainable investing and has more than $45 billon in assets under management focused on these strategies.
Morgan Stanley AIP – Private Markets (the Team), an investment team within MSIM, seeks to deliver innovative private markets solutions to a global client base across a variety of asset classes within private equity and related strategies. The Team is comprised of over 50 investment professionals based in suburban Philadelphia, New York, London and Hong Kong. Since 2014, the Team has developed a strong footprint in impact investing by deploying over $1bn in social and environmental impact strategies – with a particular focus on climate impact investments ranging from cleantech to sustainable agriculture. The Team views ESG due diligence as core to the investment process and is constantly looking to improve relevant policies.
The Team is seeking candidates with experience conducting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) due diligence in the context of private markets investing. A successful candidate will become a key member of the ESG and operational due diligence team, supporting the Team’s efforts in refining and improving ESG policies and procedures. The role will require close work with the ESG Officer and the investment team to identify, evaluate, and monitor ESG risks. The ESG Specialist may be asked to work directly with potential investments and provide ESG recommendations to the Investment Committee. A successful candidate will help coordinate ESG training efforts with the Team and may have the opportunity to work on wider ESG initiatives with MSIM.The position is based in London.
- Work closely with the ESG Officer and investment teams to refine and improve the ESG integration processes
- Support investment teams to identify, evaluate, and monitor ESG risks for each investment and provide recommendations to the Investment Committee
- Manage ESG data collection and verification from investments to ensure correct reporting of key metrics to relevant regulatory bodies and industry initiatives
- Work with investment teams and impact specialists to define sustainability goals at the portfolio level and ensure ongoing alignment through investment cycles
- Manage reporting and compliance with key regulations such as SFDR, TCFD and EU Taxonomy
- Support the development of ESG materials for clients, including client presentations, due diligence questionnaires, and marketing materials
- Support training and education on ESG practices internally (for deal teams, new hires etc.).
- An undergraduate degree from a leading university, or equivalent
- Prior relevant experience within an ESG/ sustainability capacity, ideally in a consulting firm or private equity GP
- Experience preparing ESG-related assessments against recognized standards; developing ESG performance improvement strategies; and reporting and communicating ESG performance
- Experience working with key regulatory initiatives such as SFDR and the EU Taxonomy
- Highly motivated self-starter with a team orientation; ability to engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders at various levels of ESG awareness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional project management and execution skills with an ability to meet challenging deadlines while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy
- Excellent research and analytical skills and the ability to present the conclusions of your analysis in a clear and well-structured manner
- Strong understanding of private equity, responsible investing, impact investing, ESG and financial concepts
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.This role is deemed as a Certified role and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Oct 28, 2022
Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London