Website Milken Institute
Hourly Wage: $16.50/hr
About The Milken Institute
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health . For the past three decades, the Milken Institute has served as a catalyst for practical, scalable solutions to global challenges by connecting human, financial, and educational resources to those who need them. Guided by a conviction that the best ideas, under-resourced, cannot succeed, we conduct research and analysis and convene top world leaders, scientists, policy makers, and industry giants at our gatherings to share their respective viewpoints. We leverage this expertise and insight to construct programs and policy initiatives. These activities are designed to help people build meaningful lives, in which they can experience health and well-being, pursue effective education and gainful employment, and access the resources required to create ever-expanding opportunities for themselves and their broader communities.
About The Internship
The Milken Institute is seeking a full-time paid Intern to support the Milken Institute’s Financial Innovations Labs. The Intern will report to the Financial InnovationsLabs, Senior Director. The internship will begin June, 2023 and last 8-weeks through August, 2023.
About Financial Innovations Labs®
Innovative Finance is a core component of the Institute’s research. Through our Financial Innovations Lab series, we tackle a specific financing gap or market failure which requires a blending of public and private capital. Each project entails conducting extensive research on the financing gap, barriers to investment, and potential innovative models to address the gap. The Institute engages stakeholders to test the viability of each of the models and convenes a series of roundtables to flesh out design and implementation. Each project culminates with an extensive report that gives a detailed description of the design and implementation of financing models.
In addition to the Labs, the Financial Innovations team is responsible for the work the Institute does on ESG, sustainability and impact investing, largely in terms of identifying and engaging key investors, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists in the space. Through public and private programming at our conferences, the team is able to highlight key issues, new developments, and provide a platform for informing investors about investing in sustainability.
- Assist in conducting background research for Financial Innovations Labs including topics on”
- pandemic preparedness, investing in the energy transition and senior housing.
- This includes:
- contributing to background research PPT deck
- joining stakeholder interviews
- providing background on interviewees and invitees.
- Assist with putting together case studies for potential innovative financing models and sustainable investment opportunities that will be included in PPTs and research reports.
- Track Lab participants and outreach and maintain invitee lists and bios.
- This includes maintaining spreadsheets, tracking RSVPs, and putting together background information for events.
- Maintain and update a list of ongoing events, speaking engagements, panel programming and other external opportunities.
- Current enrollment in an accredited 4-year college or university required;
- Knowledge of finance or financial markets;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Research, analytical, and financial modeling skills;
- Experience in taking ownership of end-to-end project conception, setup, management, and execution of complex quantitative analysis;
- Attention to detail and high standards of excellence;
- Excellent organizational skills and the willingness and ability to organize multiple, ongoing events is critical;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; and
- Experience working in multicultural environments.
A precondition of employment is verification of your up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status. We are interested in qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. Please note, we are not sponsoring visas at this time, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
This position will be working a hybrid model, where you will be expected to report to your respective office location 3-days per week (Tuesday – Thursday), this is subject to change.
The statements herein are intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter illustrating how your experience and skills will contribute to the department and any unique qualities you bring to the position. If applying via Indeed, please upload your resume and any supporting documentation as one attachment. Any application that does not include both a resume and cover letter will be rejected.