Website M&G Investments
Insurer | Asset Manager
At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
Impact & Private Equity is the alternative asset management team within M&G plc that currently manages over £15 billion of assets across Private Equity, Real Assets and Catalyst strategies. The predominantly London based team currently consists of 70 professionals covering Investments, Sustainability, Portfolio Management, and Operational Due Diligence (ODD).
The Sustainability Lead is responsible for ESG and Impact integration across Real Assets and Private Equity. The role will be for up to 12 months maternity cover and will involve working with investment teams as well as the Impact Director for Catalyst. Impact investing is a significant and growing part of the business with two impact funds launched since 2021 and capacity to scale up further over time. In addition to the impact platform, Impact & Private Equity recently launched the open-ended PE Opportunities Fund with plans to launch another Real Assets fund and a Catalyst fund in the year ahead, all of which form an important part of the team’s growth strategy.
- Support investment teams on impact and ESG due diligence as required, ensuring consistent application of relevant frameworks across Real Assets and Private Equity
- Lead the production of relevant product level reporting such as SFDR disclosures and annual impact reports
- Lead on key ongoing management steps including annual impact reviews and sustainable investment analysis
- Act as the main point of contact for sustainability matters on both Real Assets and Private Equity teams, responding to requests from other stakeholders across M&G
- Maintain all relevant sustainability policies, frameworks and tools used across Real Assets and Private Equity
- Maintain up to date records of annual impact reviews and sustainable investment analysis across the relevant systems
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in sustainability, ideally in private markets but otherwise in a broader financial services context
- Familiarity with key regulatory frameworks such as SFDR, EU Taxonomy, UK SDR would be highly beneficial
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills and a good level of technical competence to manage and interpret information
- Ability to work well autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to analyse and digest a wide range of information, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and imperfect data sets in arriving at decisions
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter: Emily Northcott
Closing Date: 23rd February 2024
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.