Climate ESG Analyst
At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
An opportunity has arisen for a Climate ESG Analyst to join M&G’s Climate team to progress the delivery of strategic climate related initiatives. The role will support the direction of the Climate Scenario Modelling Lead to enhance the availability and quality of climate scenario modelling.
A successful candidate will have experience in delivering climate analytics including professional experience in empowering decision making using analytical solutions, strong statistical knowledge and experience in or desire to develop coding skills.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Deliver climate initiatives relating to: (1) M&G’s portfolio decarbonisation and (2) improving climate data management through establishing the right architecture and processes.
- Produce high quality deliverables and interface with internal and external stakeholders on climate-related initiatives, advocate for Climate
- Support with knowledge growth and transfer to more team members on climate analytics and related topics
- Promote effective working within the Climate team, and enhance Climate effectiveness and integration through broader stakeholder engagement
- Facilitate longer term integration of climate into business and investment processes
- Be committed to developing an existing depth of climate knowledge over time
- Contribute to and support development of external climate materials, including marketing initiatives and industry events.
- Contribute to the wider Stewardship & Sustainability agenda.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A degree in science, finance or economics, with demonstratable numerical and analytical skillset.
- Experience in delivering climate analytics with demonstratable professional experience in empowering decision making using analytical solutions, strong statistical knowledge and practical coding skills (e.g., VBA, python or R).
- Experience in climate operations or similar role (e.g., financial services, investment operations, management consulting or similar.).
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal.
- Effective stakeholder engagement/management, and ability to build good relationships internally and externally
- Strong planning and organisational skills with experience in project management within financial services.
- Ability to produce high quality reports/deliverables suitable for a senior audience.
- Experience in managing people (delivery oversight, performance management etc.).
- Proactive with individual accountability; takes ownership to drive delivery forwards without instruction.
- Effective problem-solving skills to design and implement solutions.
- Integrity and strong work ethic with a positive outlook and belief in our purpose.
- An interest and ability to develop climate subject matter expertise.
- A flexible and adaptable approach.
- Client and delivery focus with an excellent attention to detail.
Work Level: Manager / Expert
Recruiter Name: Suzie Threlfall
Closing Date: 19th March 2023
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.
Job ID R09920