At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What You Will Be Responsible For
The Client Strategy & Sustainability Team conducts research, develops MFS’s views and delivers in depth analysis, insight, thought leadership and consulting on sustainable investing. The team is also responsible for developing and delivering on the strategic plan to ensure that MFS is adopting and promoting best practice in our marketplace. The work may be related to any/all client segments, and will engage with teams externally and internally within MFS.
The Lead Strategist will play a significant leadership role in developing and executing on MFS’ sustainability strategy and research agenda. The lead strategies will play a crucial role in working with other subject matter experts and business leaders across the enterprise. The lead strategist is expected to represent sustainability subject matter expertise in due diligence or sales meetings with key institutional clients and professional buyers or high profile events, to communicate our views and our approach to incorporating sustainability in the investment process.
- Take responsibility for development and delivery of the sustainability strategy.
- Lead the development of MFS’s client engagement model by working closely with both client facing and investment management teams to formulate and represent MFS’ views. This includes identifying and developing a perspective on sustainability related investment topics that MFS’s relationship management teams can bring to clients to add value and build strategic partnerships.
- Lead the development of MFS house views, provide direction to other members of the team responsible for creating presentations to support the investment teams in the relevant area of expertise.
- Represent MFS at high profile client meetings and events.
- Provide leadership and guidance for other team members responsible for strategic projects and thought leadership.
- Act in partnership with other business leaders in order to lead strategic projects pertaining to sustainable investing.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of all relevant issues related to client investment decisions including governance, investment policy and implementation issues.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA, MBA or other Masters’ degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 + years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstration of expertise of current sustainability topics, trends and best practices is required. Ability to show vision and strategic clarity is required.
- Demonstrate excellent strategic thinking and change management skills, with the ability to be highly adaptable in response to a dynamic field.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of quantitative tools and techniques, and comfort level with technical subject matter related to all asset classes and global capital markets.
- Experience of the following strongly preferred: Factset, Optimization software, BARRA, Bloomberg, Morningstar, MSCI.
- Excellent presentation experience, with the ability to deliver high quality client engagements, is required.
- Ability to provide inclusive leadership within a team comprised of highly qualified and technically oriented investment experts.
What We Offer
- Generous time-off provided: including “Responsible time off” for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.