Website McKinsey & Company
- University degree in the area of science, math, engineering or other technical disciplines such as data analytics, accounting, etc.; degrees in social topics such as organization, social impact, diversity, equity & inclusion are also welcome
- 4+ years of professional experience on environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics such as carbon accounting, decarbonization pathways, DE&I, ESG ratings, reporting, sustainable investing etc. including academic and internships
- Experience and training in data analytics tools like Excel, Python, Alteryx, Tableau or other analytical platforms
- Strong passion and background in sustainability topics and/or environmental, social and governance
- Strong conceptual problem solving and analytical skills; experience building models (financial models) and knowledge (articles)
- Ability to manage large complex stakeholder groups and proven track record in project management
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment
- Problem solver/ownership mentality with the ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly synthesize various data sources to generate clear, complete perspectives and ensure high quality outputs
- Ability to manage client relationships; ability to interact effectively at all levels of a large international organization
What You’ll Do
You will work on delivering a suite of existing Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) solutions with our client service teams and you will develop new assets and tools.
Your time will be split between client work and asset development. During client work, you will be working with client service teams to bring our tools and expertise on client engagements. You will help our corporate and investor clients set their ESG strategy and transform the business. Our solutions support clients on benchmarking their performance against key competitors, defining their contributions/purpose, setting ESG targets, and implementing their strategy across their organization. As part of asset development, you will be working with our ESG Insights team and developers to build distinctive databases, tools, and approaches to answer client’s top questions on ESG.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in our Austin, Boston, Denver, Waltham or Washington DC office and you will join the ESG Insights team (part of Sustainability Insights). You will be working on a suite of existing ESG solutions and you will help develop new assets. You will also be working with Sustainability, ESG and Industry to delivery and expand our solutions.
Sustainability Insights, the asset branch of the McKinsey’s Sustainability Practice, has a dedicated team that focuses on ESG. ESG Insights is the home of ESG data, tools, and capabilities at McKinsey. We are a team of consultants passionate about ESG, purpose, and sustainability, that specialize in bringing data-driven insights to clients across their ESG strategy and transformation journeys. We support clients across ESG topics, including GHG emissions, water, waste, access & affordability, diversity & inclusion, health & safety, customer outcomes, business ethics, and more.
In April, we announced the launch of McKinsey Sustainability, our new client-service platform with the goal of helping all industry sectors transform to get to net zero by 2050 and to cut carbon emissions by half by 2030. McKinsey Sustainability seeks to be the preeminent impact partner and advisor for our clients, from the board room to the engine room, on sustainability, climate, energy transition, and environmental, social and governance (ESG). We are committed to invest behind this goal over the next four years—through our client service, knowledge and capability building, acquisitions and alliances as well as pro-bono investments.