Insurer | Asset Manager
The Head of Sustainability Integration will be a key member of the MassMutual Global Sustainability Office, reporting to the global Head of Sustainability. The primary focus of this role will be to lead the expansion and implementation of company-wide sustainability initiatives and commitments across finance activities related to investment, products, and capital structure. The ideal candidate is a sustainability professional with exceptional project management experience and expertise in the financial services industry.
MassMutual Global Sustainability Office is responsible for the development and implementation of MassMutual’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy that spans investment, products and offerings, business activities and operations. The team partners with functional leaders across the company to integrate ESG principles into our culture and business. As a mutual company, MassMutual operates for the benefit of our members and participating policyowners, which allows us to manage the company with a focus on their interests and a long-term mindset. Our commitment to sustainability is fundamentally aligned with how we operate and deliver value to our policyowners, customers, employees, communities, and the planet we share.
- Manage key initiatives and cross functional teams to integrate sustainability principles across ESG finance activities in the areas of investment, products and offerings, and capital structure.
- Partner directly with internal business functions, lead the implementation of MassMutual ESG Finance Framework.
- Serve as an ESG subject matter expert to support the development of sustainable products and solutions.
- Manage key initiatives to support the implementation of the roadmap to meet MassMutual’s net zero commitment for our investment portfolio by 2050.
- Collaborate with business functions globally to monitor and track ongoing progress against the company’s ESG goals.
- Partner with internal subject matter experts to refine and effectively communicate our ESG investment and ESG product and offering strategy with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver internal training material and workshops on key ESG topics.
- Support and contribute to the development of annual ESG reports, investor correspondence and other ESG related internal and external communications and inquires.
- Develop and manage customer and investor ESG engagement programs in collaboration with internal stakeholders across the company.
- Engage with external stakeholder groups, representing MassMutual’s ESG program in public forums and industry events.
- 10+ years of work experience in related fields in a global organization with minimum 7 years of direct experience in leading cross-functional teams implementing sustainability initiatives.
- Experience in financial services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated expertise in sustainable investing, products, or financing.
- Broad knowledge of ESG in a business context including climate change, Science Based Targets, and carbon accounting.
- Direct experience with major ESG reporting frameworks such as PRI, TCFD, SASB, and CDP etc.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with senior executives and collaborate effectively with people across geographies, cultures, functions, and all levels of seniority.
- Exceptional project management and cross-functional leadership skills, process focused and keen ability to forester collaboration, influence and build trust in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strategic thinker with advanced verbal/written communications and presentation skills, the ability to articulate and communicate complex investment and sustainability concepts into simple terms clearly and succinctly, as well as the ability to educate, persuade and inspire people into action.
- Be able to prioritize, multitask and deliver high-quality work in tight timeframes.
- Self-starter with a track record of demonstrated ability and willingness to learn, motivation and dedication to excellence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfort with ambiguity, good judgement, and diplomacy.
- A consummate team player with impeccable ethics and integrity.
WORK LOCATION: Boston (Fan Pier). Will entertain remote work arrangement with regular travel to Boston
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.