At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
M&G are looking for a Head of ESG product, Public Assets to join the Product Development and Management function. The main responsibilities of this roles are to; provide strategic leadership regarding relevance and impact of ESG related rules on M&G Public asset offering and pipeline, drive the development and maintenance of a coherent ESG Product Framework and ensure product offering is fit for purpose, act as an ESG advisory team for Product Development in product design and lead a team in support of these objectives.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Provide strategic leadership regarding relevance and impact of ESG related rules on M&G Public Asset offering and pipeline
- Working with Compliance Regulatory Change; understand forward looking industry ESG change whether driven by UK and European asset manager regulation, key strategic partner/bank regulation, key country label changes and key country regulation changes
- Understand the relevance of these to M&G’s product offering and pipeline
- Understand key ESG developments by peers. Be active externally within the industry, e.g., attending or participating in conferences to understand developing market and regional trends
- Communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels of organisation including C-Suite
- Provide clear strategic input into decision recognising the need for scalable, effective direction
- Drive, develop and maintain a credible ESG Product framework for Public Assets and ensure product offering is fit for purpose.
- Requires credible and expert interaction with Investments, S&S, Product and Distribution
- Understanding of overlapping and changing regulations and relevance to product offering
- Ability to drive through simple standardised solutions collaboratively and escalate effectively
- Manage pipeline of requirements clearly, effectively and in line with the business’ strategic intent and prioritisation
- Work with equivalent Private Assets focused team to ensure a coherent ESG Product Framework across M&G with sufficient flex that the frameworks lends itself to different asset classes
- Support ESG label process in terms of understanding and communicating the rules and how they interact with other rules and regulation
- Act as an ESG advisory team for Product Development in product design, alongside S&S as necessary
- Provide ESG Product SME input to product design for launches or changes, including sub-advised mandate opportunities and being cognisant of relevant rules and industry norms and M&G pipeline and intent
- Support wider Sustainability programmes requiring ESG Product SME input
- Scope: Asset Management Public Assets
- Asset Management Public Asset Products and sub-advised mandates. This captures Asset Owners public asset funds within M&G Asset Management regulated products
- Close collaboration and coordination with Private Asset teams required
- Team: lead a small team of Product ESG SMEs to ensure the above is delivered
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G’s operational risk.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience and understanding of asset management markets, the various product structures used and a working knowledge of the constantly evolving distribution landscapes which prevail in each of these markets.
- Significant experience of asset management product proposition development across asset classes.
- Significant knowledge of ESG rules that impact Public Assets/UCITS environment in UK, Europe and a high-level knowledge for Asia
- Working knowledge of ESG country labels and key ESG marketing rules
- Likely to have worked with an ESG Product team or have had similar associated responsibilities
- Significant experience of managing a range of senior level stakeholders, developing strong working relationships with the business at Executive level
- Strong visualisation, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly articulate concepts and ideas.
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Strong leader, exuding confidence and impartiality that inspires confidence in others
Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Critical role in translating strategy into implementation plans, influences and contributes to the strategy
- Ensures successful implementation of defined strategy
- Typically, leaders of teams, or technical roles will lead the provision of advice across an area of expertise
- Balances competing requirements to deliver a balanced set of results, resolving significant or priority conflicts
- Addresses problems with broad reaching ramifications, with a need to manage different parts of complex systems and link to the broader picture
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement
- Drives incremental and transformational change in response to experience of market and customer needs, typically leads the delivery of major programmes of work
- Allocates resources optimally to deliver on strategy, prioritising conflicting resource demands, agendas and activities
Work Level: Integration Leader
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.