Website Mackenzie Investments
Division: IGM Risk, Audit & Sustainability
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada’s leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management and Mackenzie Investments
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively – this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We are currently hiring a Senior Manager, Climate and Environment to join IGM Financial’s Corporate Sustainability team. The IGM Corporate Sustainability team is responsible for the strategic direction and execution of IGM’s Corporate Sustainability program. The team works with a wide variety of business leaders across IGM Financial to enhance and implement IGM’s sustainability strategy, transparently report on IGM’s progress and performance, and engage internal and external stakeholders on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
Reporting to the AVP, Corporate Sustainability, the Senior Manager, Climate and Environment will lead the environmental strategy in support of IGM’s overall Corporate Sustainability program.
- Strategy and climate transition planning
- Lead the climate and environment strategy by supporting the development of net zero and near-term goals and targets and by creating a climate transition plan for operational and value chain commitments
- Work across the organization to support and monitor the implementation of the multi-year climate transition plan, delivering measurable results and driving decision-making for key leaders and executives
- In collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders, develop new programs as needed (i.e., climate justice, nature, biodiversity, and water)
- Facilitate internal working groups in the development of policies, positions, and carbon reduction action plans
- Scenario analysis and risk management
- Lead climate scenario analysis across IGM, in collaboration with the Sustainable Investment teams and other key stakeholders
- Assist with development of operational climate risk strategy and quantification of climate-related impacts
- Identify climate metrics and KRIs, developing a process to measure, manage and report on the metrics
- Reporting and disclosure
- Support annual IGM sustainability reporting, collaborating with various internal teams
- Lead annual CDP reporting including project management / stakeholder collaboration
- Support Finance team in interpreting emerging standards, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting, data management and assurance
- Thought leadership
- Represent IGM externally, participate in industry networks and panels
- Advise leadership on emerging environmental and climate-related performance management topics
- Provide input on sustainability disclosures public consultations
- Anticipate regulatory trends and industry developments to inform the execution of the strategy
- A degree in a relevant field of study (Sustainability, Environmental Science, or Business), a post-graduate degree or specialized climate training is considered a strong asset
- 7-10 years of relevant climate, environment, and sustainability experience in industry and/or consulting
- Knowledge of, and exposure to, financial reporting and financial services industry (CFA, CPA or other financial risk management background considered an asset)
- Strong technical understanding of climate matters in Canada and globally
- Experience in decarbonization planning (e.g. SBTi), climate risk assessments and scenario analysis
- Strong understanding of GHG quantification frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, PCAF); sustainability reporting frameworks (e.g. SASB, GRI, TCFD, UN SDGs); and emerging standards such as ISSB and TFND
- Experience with carbon accounting tools and software considered an asset
- Exceptional collaborator with proven strategy/planning experience across diverse stakeholder groups
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills with a solid external network in the sustainability space
- Strong analytical and modelling skills would be an asset.
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by November 7, 2023.