Website Mackenzie Investments
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada’s leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians. We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively – this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Sustainable Investing is a strategic focus for Mackenzie. The Sustainability team is a Centre of Excellence (COE) that was created to build and deliver to clients a range of innovative sustainable investing solutions and services. This range will cover the spectrum of approaches including ESG integration, exclusion and screening, best in class strategies, thematic and impact investing. In addition, this team will bring ESG expertise to develop and align firm-wide perspectives, to support investments teams to uniquely leverage ESG insights through integration and active ownership, and to reinforce Mackenzie’s commitment to sustainability to clients, advisors, and communities.
The Sustainability COE is currently recruiting for an ESG Stewardship Analyst, responsible for supporting the Sustainability Stewardship team. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing stewardship-related data, producing management reporting, and liaising with teams across Mackenzie in support of Stewardship projects. This role reports to the AVP, Head of Stewardship.
The ideal candidate will bring strong personal and professional presentation and organisational skills, a passion for Sustainability, good data manipulation and interpretation skills and excellent writing skills.
- Collate complex and specialised engagement and proxy voting data and present it in a meaningful format for management reporting
- Work with the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement to implement new engagement management system
- Support Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement with engagement meetings (bookings, agendas, minute writing, tracking and follow up)
- Ensure a robust and auditable process is followed for all engagements including recording and saving of digital documents
- Work with the Director of Reporting and Partnerships to contribute to innovative client reporting on proxy voting and engagement
- Support Head of Stewardship throughout the proxy voting season with research, vote tracking and shareholder proposals
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Economics or Finance and 2-3 years experience in Capital Markets
- A passion for sustainability and a desire to make a difference through sustainable investing
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills, expert in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to work in a passionate and fast-moving team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable working in autonomy with a builder mindset
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Values And Personal Attributes
- Analytical, innovative and creative thinker
- Strong affinity working with data
- Passionate about making a positive impact on environment and society
- Flexible – comfort managing multiple complex tasks at once; prioritizing
- Ability to implement – not just analyze
- Intellectual rigor, resilient mindset
- Warm, friendly, collegiate, and approachable
- Team player
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, keen on working in a diverse workplace
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by March 13, 2023.