Website Mackenzie Investments
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada’s leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $242 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy is Mackenzie Investments, founded in 1967. Mackenzie Investments is a holistic asset-management partner for thousands of Canadian financial advisors and the investors they support.
At Mackenzie Investments You Can Build Your Career with Confidence.
We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them. As part of our team, you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians! We are proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our employees with the tools to thrive while working remotely, while also providing resources to ensure physical and mental wellness were put front and centre.
Join an unstoppable team that is embedded in continuous learning, understanding, and knowledge sharing. You will thrive in our supportive environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn, while receiving the feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
Mackenzie Investments is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively – this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Sustainability is a strategic focus for Mackenzie. The Sustainability team is a Centre of Excellence that was created to build and deliver to clients a range of innovative sustainable investment products, solutions and services. This range covers the spectrum of sustainable strategies including ESG integration, exclusion and screening, best in class strategies, thematic and impact investing. In addition, this team brings ESG expertise to develop and align firm-wide perspectives, to support investments teams to uniquely use ESG insights through integration and active ownership, and to reinforce Mackenzie’s commitment to Sustainable Investing to clients, advisors, and communities.
The Sustainability team is currently recruiting for an ESG Quantitative Analyst, responsible for 1) operationalizing an ESG data framework, 2) generating ESG insights for Mackenzie’s investment teams and corporate sustainability initiatives and 3) operationalizing external sustainability reporting on Mackenzie’s investments. . This role reports to the Director, ESG Integration and Insights.
1) Operationalize Mackenzie’s ESG data/insights framework (50% of time spent)Setting up and maintaining a data infrastructure in Google Could Platform including multiple external ESG data sets and financial data, prioritizing data integrity, accessibility, and consistency
- Map 3rd party ESG data to material ESG factors and assess data gaps. Identify data imputation techniques to resolve data gaps.
- Establish and maintain quality control processes to ensure consistency of data and reliability of insights.
- Develop a user interface that enable stakeholders across Mackenzie to apply the ESG data framework
- Identify potential areas of automation to streamline the ESG workflows of the Sustainability team and other stakeholders.
2) Generate ESG insights for Mackenzie’s investment teams and corporate sustainability initiatives (25% of time spent)
- Produce ESG dashboards that highlight the ESG insights that are most relevant for a specific investment strategy
- Identify ESG risks and opportunities that Mackenzie should prioritize
- Research and back-test to gather empirical evidence of ESG materiality
- Partner with multiple investment boutiques to support them in implementing ESG data in an effective and user-friendly manner
3) Operationalize external sustainability reporting on Mackenzie’s investments (25% of time spent)
- Produce sustainability reporting on corporate level such as TCFD reporting
- Produce portfolio level ESG and Impact reporting for clients
- Contribute to the development of innovative client reporting on sustainability aspects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in data science with strong knowledge of algorithms and machine learning techniques
- Experienced with Python, SQL, RESTful APIs and Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to document business requirements and translate into functional models
- Relevant experience in ESG data and analytics
- Knowledge of sustainable investment space, capital markets and asset management
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills that can contribute to the communication of ESG narratives and investment outlooks
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable working in autonomy with a builder mentality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Values and Personal Attributes
- Analytical, innovative and creative thinker
- Strong affinity working with data
- Passionate about making a positive impact on environment and society
- Flexible – comfort managing multiple complex tasks at once; prioritizing
- Ability to implement – not just analyze
- Intellectual rigor
- Team-oriented mentality
- Warm, friendly, collegial, and approachable
- Ability to relate well to all kinds of people, keen on working in a diverse workplace
Please visit our career page by clicking on the following link: https://www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/careers
For internal applicants, please share with your current leader your intent to apply to the role. In the event that you are selected, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know if you are in any other internal recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an accessible employer committed to providing a barrier free recruitment experience. If you require an accommodation or this information in an alternate format at any stage of the recruitment process, please get in touch with the Talent Acquisition team who will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply by Feburary 7, 2023.