Website LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group)
Reporting to the Global Head of Sustainable Investment Research, within the Data & Analytics division of LSEG, the Head of ESG Research will lead research and development of new ESG and SDG scoring models and assessment tools, and their application in an index context. The individual will bring along passion, expertise and a demonstrable track record in quantitative and qualitative analysis of corporate sustainability performance and research in an investment context. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and represent the Sustainable Research team in internal and external forums, and in meetings with high-profile clients, and senior internal and external stakeholders.
IP & Methodology Development
- The individual will lead a team conducting ESG analytics and authoring high-profile reports on ESG/SDG performance in equities and across different asset classes, industries and geographies. This includes work both aggregate scores or individual ESG topics (e.g. diversity performance, supply chain governance, tax transparency, or the like). An immediate priority in this role will be to lead the development of an integrated ESG scoring methodology across LSEG. This will require significant experience in the quantitative ESG analysis of corporates and use of ESG and SDG data.
- Play a key part in the development of the vision and strategy for ESG in investment solutions, and integrating new data types and collection methods to improve ESG data and signals.
- Support the design relevant, actionable ESG benchmarks at asset, fund and investor level.
- Support to internal governance independent advisory committees overseeing FTSE Russell’s Sustainable Investment data.
Market & stakeholder engagement
- Interacts extensively with clients, asset owners, buy and sell side, and exchanges.
- Deliver high calibre presentations and written reports tailored to multiple audiences at high-profile events.
- Represent LSEG and act as subject matter expert with industry initiatives, standard setters, regulators and policy makers
- Collaborating in multi-stakeholder research and product development projects and providing analytical support for clients and internal stakeholders.
- Bring technical knowledge to engage in planning and agreeing goals work with external and internal partners to identify and deliver LSEG data and tools needed to build prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- 10+ years previous experience of quantitative and qualitative ESG research preferably in an investment context.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in relevant field is required.
- Previous experience in developing quantitative ESG analytics products and frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the global sustainable investing landscape.
- Strong understanding of data available in the investment management industry and experience in managing and accessing such data is an asset.
- Experience in successfully leading diverse, multi-disciplinary teams and line managing and mentoring individuals and/or teams.
- Must be able to navigate stakeholders with varying demands – willing to compromise where necessary, advocate for a vision where appropriate, and always able to act as a team player.
- Clear, concise, analytical writing and presentation skills are a must.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.