Website LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group)
Data Provider | Consultant
Reporting to the Head of Sovereign within the Sustainable Investment Research team, part of the Sustainable Finance & Investment (SFI) function under Data & Analytics division of LSEG, the Senior Research Lead, Sovereign Climate will lead research and development of new transition risk-related scoring models and assessment tools and maintain existing ones. The individual will bring along passion, expertise and a demonstrable track record in quantitative and qualitative analysis of sovereign climate performance and research in an investment context. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, represent the Sustainable Research team in internal and external forums with key clients and stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role
- Leading the development of new Sovereign climate-related data types and models. Managing interactions with stakeholders – both internal (e.g. operations and technology teams) and external – on research and product development projects.
- Authoring high-profile publications.
- Helping to define the strategic research agenda and representing LSEG as a subject matter expert on sovereign climate related issues with clients, key investor initiatives, standard setters, & regulators.
- Maintaining the existing tools and models with the support of an Analyst.
- 6+ years experience in quantitative and qualitative climate research preferably in an investment context. Previous experience in developing climate-related analytics products and frameworks is an asset.
- Track record of impactful publications and clear, concise, analytical writing and presentation skills are a must. Advanced degree in relevant field is required.
- Deep understanding of the global sustainable investing landscape.
- Experience in management would be appreciated.
- Must be able to navigate stakeholders with varying demands and always able to act as a team player.
- Python and/or Excel proficiency is mandatory.
LSEG (London Stock Exchange Group) is more than a diversified global financial markets infrastructure and data business. We are dedicated, open-access partners with a commitment to excellence in delivering the services our customers expect from us. With extensive experience, deep knowledge and worldwide presence across financial markets, we enable businesses and economies around the world to fund innovation, manage risk and create jobs. It’s how we’ve contributed to supporting the financial stability and growth of communities and economies globally for more than 300 years.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose – driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth – in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.